Chapter 24

Aline walked inside. "Hi guys!" she said, smiling only to me. I started smiling as well. A lot. Like I saw a miracle. "Aline! You're back!" I said excited. "Obviously!" she said smiling, still looking in my eyes. Piero couldn't laugh, he walked outside when he saw we were too bussy talking to Aline, we saw it though. "What's wrong with him?" Aline asked. "Long story! Let him be alone for a while!" Jonas said. "And I'm leaving too!" he smiled, because he knew we would like some time together with the two of us. "Ciao sister!" he said and then he left the room, and I was hoping he would look after Piero because he still seemed very angry and confused. I knew he would find another beautiful girl soon! How was it possible he would stay alone for the rest of his life! He was a very handsome, talented and nice guy! Of course he would find his grande amore one day. But I still hoped Sofia wasn't bad at all. That was possible too of course! Than there was nothing to worry about.

Aline's POV

"How are you feeling?" I asked worried, looking to Gianluca's broken arm. "The fysical things don't bother me!" he said. "Mentally...it couldn't be better now I finaly see you again...so soon after you left actually!" I blushed. Was he really declaring his love right there? It seemed he was..."Aline! You can't imagine how much I missed you!" I smiled a bit shy, like I didn't know him and this was our first date. "Can you please come closer?" he asked. "Why?" I giggled when I stood beside him. Then he took my jacket in his hands and pulled me closer to give me...finaly...the kiss I waited for so long. I then sat on his bed, our faces close to each other, looking in each other's eyes. "I missed you too!" I then said. "I was so stupid to leave you right here...on christmass eve... while you..." His finger on my lips stopped me from talking, like in the good old days. So he remembered he always did that? Or was it like breathing to him? It made me smile. The more I looked at him, the more I saw the old Gianluca again. My Gianluca. Gentle and lovable and a thousand more things. "Aline..." he said, like he was going to ask me to marry him again, "I have always loved you! When I saw you after I woke up, I felt something special between us! And the more I saw you, the more I realized it has always been you! You are the one I love! The problem was, I didn't believe in myself! I thought I was the bad guy and I didn't want to hurt you! Not so long ago I remembered I really loved you before! When I sang songs at concerts, they were all for you. So that can only mean one...very special...thing! YOU are my grande amore! And you will always be! I promise!" I cried of course. Finaly! He loved me and he remembered! I knew it all the time but he had to know it himself! It even became more beautiful when he said two little words..."Per sempre!"
"You remember that?" I asked amazed, because those two words were kind of a 'code' to end our declarations of love, our letters... I jumped of his bed. "Gianluca!" I said excited, "I know something that can help you to remember more beautiful things! I'm coming back soon!" And then I leaned in to give him a kiss again. "Ti amo!" I said and when I wanted to turn around he took my jacket again in his hands to pull me closer and give me one more kiss. But then I turned around, on my way home to pick up something very special. It would be the perfect Christmas present because that was still not really over yet actually.

When I wanted to open the door, it already opened and I almost hit my head against it. "Ow, sorry Aline! Sorry, I should be more carefull!" Ignazio said. His eyes met mine and that moment right there was weird. We both knew what the other was thinking. It was actually embarrassing. We knew Gianluca was just watching us. We couldn't do much. The hug I wanted to give him was not for now. He knew that, so he made place to let me pass by. "Eh...ciao Igna!" And then I quickly walked away, thinking about what I was doing.

half an hour later

I walked inside, straight to the place where I needed to be. The place where we hid our favourite things with the special meaning. The place where we saved our letters. Love letters, 'I'm sorry'- letters, no break up letter because someone decided to burn that one, again love letters, more love letters...and eh...love letters. That box with the memories from the past years. I opened the closet, where to my surprise was no box. "No! What? Where are the letters?" I panicked immediately. I searched in every single corner of that closet but nothing to find, not even one letter. I searched in the room, under the bed, in another room, even in the kitchen. "NOOO!" I yelled, with my hands flapping around in the air. I wanted to think with a clear mind about what could have happened but unfortunately...I was too panicky. "Calm down, Aline! You will find them!" I told myself. I started searching again but without any result. I even went to the garden. I searched for a solution. Maybe Gianluca knew...no probably not. Maybe someone else? But we never told anyone where we kept our letters. Not because it's a secret but because it's just irrelevant. That was our thing. It was not important for anyone else to know where we had them in our house. The only ones with a key of the house were Gianluca's parents. Why would they have taken that box away? What could they do with our love letters, except from being extremely happy for their son? I thought it wasn't necessary to call them, because I knew they would never take that box away without saying, but still I called them. It was the only thing I could do right now.

"Okay, I'll let you know when I find them!" And just when I said that to Ercole, I already thought about another important thing. Gianluca wanted to tell me something important when he had the accident. I never knew what that was. Maybe it was about the letters? But maybe not. It made me wonder what it was then. But first...the letters. I went back to the closet to find again nothing but an empty place that made my heart feel empty at the same time.

"Jonas? The letters are gone!" I said when I called my brother to ask for help again. "Aline, calm down! I'm coming right now! And I'll bring Piero. We have some important news too actually!"