Chapter 18

I just wanted to get out of bed carefully to go and see what Piero was going to do, when he came in the room again. I definately didn't want him to tell it to Aline. But apparently he did tell it to others. But not to her. "I made a team! We're detectives!" he told. "Meet Ignazio, Jonas and Piero," he said, pointing to himself in the end as if we didn't know who he was. "We are going to find out what's wrong because nobody from us believes you would really do such a thing." That was a big relieve, knowing they all thought I was an honnest guy. "And what's our plan?" Ignazio asked. Great, this was plan B...without a plan. "Eh...Jonas will explain since he's the smart one," Piero said looking to Jonas with an expression like 'help me!'. "Me?" Jonas said, surprised himself he was the one with the plan. "I hoped so!" Piero said.

Suddenly the door opened and Aline walked inside, surprised we were all there. We all looked betrayed. "Please don't tell her!" I prayed, hoping they all would hear my thoughts. But of course Piero hadn't told the others yet, they weren't allowed to tell her. "Aline, we need to tell you something!" Jonas said. Was that his plan? Piero seemed to feel guilty about what was happening. "No," we shouted at the same time. "Why not?" Jonas asked. But how was I able to answer that with her still in the room. "Is it something bad?" she asked worried. We kept quiet, looking to each other, not knowing what to do next. But then Ignazio broke the silence. "There's another girl who claims Gianluca and she had a love affair with each other. She also says you betrayed Gianluca with someone else. No one from us believes it, except from Gian himself, he doesn't know what to think about it since he doesn't remember anything from it." He just spit it all out in 10 seconds. "That's done," he said proud. Since there was no way back, I had my eyes locked on Aline, waiting for a reaction. After a few seconds of silence from all of us, she only said one worth. "Un-be-lievable!" No one really knew if we had to interpretate that as something positive or negative...

Ciao everyone. Sorry for the very short chapter this time. But I guess it's better than nothing :-) I hope you enjoy the story so far because it's definitaly not over yet!