Chap. 23

Mamoru woke up to the soft snoring in her room. She sat up like a zombie, and grabbed a remote on her night standing, and turned the rest of the lights in the house on, except for the room she sleeps in. The light in the room was still off. She got out of her comfy bed, and started stretching her stif muscles. After hearing some cracks she was satisfied and proceed to leave the room, and left a sleeping Rin.

Mamoru made it down stairs, and check the time on her watch. 6:30 am. She shrugged knowing she had lost of time left, and went into the kitchen going to make breakfast. The smell of bacon, devours the house, with a hint of toast. Mamoru chuckles softly to herself as she hears a zombie, moaning. "Foooood." The zombie moan, coming down the stairs so sluggish that he almost fell down the stairs. "Morning to you too, Rin. How was your sleep." Mamoru ask, as she puts bacon, toast, on a plate and face it to Rin, with orange juice, and a fruit on a side.

'A complete breakfast. Perfect.' Rin thought almost drooling over the food. "It was fine. I dreamt of killing someone. That rich silky blood going so smoothly down my throat. It was so divine." Rin said, smiling as he eats a bacon. "Interesting. Sounds like a dream I would love to have." Mamoru laugh, as she sits herself down on a chair across from Rin. "So who, was the person you killed in your dream last night?"

Rin looks up from his plate and swallows the piece of bacon. "It was the intruder, that came into your house. He was looking for you, by the way." Mamoru nods her head and starts eating her toast. "That reminds me, I'm going to visit Mr. K today, and see how he's doing. You want to come?" Mamoru ask, as she swings around her bacon, like if it was a Cowboys rope. Rin eyes lock on it, and was trying to catch it. "Sure, only if you give me your bacon." Rin said still trying to catch it.

Mamoru giggles. She stuff half of the bacon in his mouth, but before she could clean up the place Rin snap his fingers. "Don't you want half?" He ask, smirking, with half the bacon in his mouth. She pouted. "But it's like almost in your mouth." She said. Rin chuckled. "Please." Mamoru rolled her eyes, and leaned over the table, her face close to Rin's. She grabbed half of the bacon with her mouth, and leaned back and put away the dishes.

"That was only one time." She said. "No fun at all." Rin said smirking. After they finished getting ready, they left the house. As they both walk to the hospitals, they got stares from the villagers. Rin made sure to hide his ears and tails before they left, so that was a good thing. Rin look behind of him, to see a a bunch of ladies running up to the both of them. Rin sighed. "Hold on Mamoru. This is going to be a bumpy ride." He said, picking up Mamoru and putting her on his back, and started running away from the mob of ladies.

Rin jumped onto a building and kept doing that till they made it to the hospital. Mamoru, didn't get off his back, as Rin went inside of the hospital, and ignored everyone and went to Mr. K's room. Mamoru giggled as everything was still blood red, and yet, the patients still gave a horrific face as they look of what's red. Once they made it to the room, Mr. K jumped as he saw Rin entered without a knock. "Hey old man. Mamoru came to see you." Rin said, putting down Mamoru, who happily hugged the old man to death.

"It's been so long since I seen you, old man! And hey! I thought you died already!" Mamoru said. Mr. K chuckled. "I'm not dying just yet. So what brings you here? With that scary looking man." Mamoru smiles. "Can't I visit my favorite old man? And I bear presents." She handed over a well-wrapped box, to Mr. K. He grabbed it and opened it to see, it was a record player. He looked about to thank her, but he saw she was gone. He smiled and listen to the recorder.

"Hey! Mr. K so I want you to play this, when I'm gone. I know when your going to die, and it's not for a very long time, so your time span has been increased, for another four years. And that's when I'm gone. Right now you may be like, 'what is this child saying?' Well I'm here to explain it to you. Oh to let you know, I'm too much of a chicken to tell you in person. So um, so how do I explain it?" "Come on already! Just say what you got to say!" "Shut up Rin!"