AMACon1: All Out

Prompt: First onscreen kiss, not included in the script. Yung mga nauna kasi parang pilit or nasa script.

Prompter: @RM020316

[Go visit AMACON_Writers and drown yourselves in different worlds of MaiChard]

-

Changed the lyrics a bit to fit them better.

-

All Out

The eerie silence of the studio when they arrived early in the morning to rehearse – together finally – is nothing compared to the thundering cheers of the crowd now that the show is at its last minutes of airtime for the day.

Maine chanced a quick peek at the crowd. Different kinds and sizes of banners and posters and pictures and inboxes were raised by different dabarkads and fans clubs and excursionistas, waiving them high up above their heads for the studio cameras to capture. Some are dancing to the tune of whatever is being played by the DJ; she can't really hear anything clear due to the shouts and laughter and screams and cheers of the audience waiting for them to start.

"Five minutes!" Reeza yelled from the back. Those from the crowd who heard the floor director cheered louder than they had before. "Short spiel muna from JoWaPao then it's it. Maine, dun ka na sa pwesto mo sa kabilang gilid dali, start na nyan tayo."

Maine could only squeak an okay and proceeded to her spot at the other side of the set. She has been at this for a while now but the butterflies never failed to let their presence known to her every time before a prod number.

On her way though, she bumped into a frowning Richard Faulkerson Jr. "Oh, anyare sa mukha mo?"

Joey, who was trailing behind answered for him. "'Di pa rin pinayagan ng mga boss sa request nyo kaya ganyan."

Her mouth formed an O upon hearing why. They have been trying, the both of them, to convince their management to let them tell everyone their status, but they are turned down every single time. Let them wonder, keep them guessing, they said.

They understand that it's for their careers but it keeps on getting harder hiding. They shouldn't hold hands in public. They can't be seen doing couple-y things, just behind closed doors. They aren't allowed to shout to the world that he's hers, she's his, they're each other's, the two of them. Not yet. And it sucks because they want everyone to know that they finally have fallen in love and are really happy.

"It's okay," Maine pats his cheek reassuringly though she felt a little bad herself. "Someday..."

"Promise, kakausapin ko ulit sila mamaya, Meng."

"Sa ibang araw na lang, Alden, baka makulitan pa sainyo yung mga yun, lalo kayong di payagan. Hintay lang, habaan ang pasensya. Sige, una na ko dun sa harap. Good luck," says Joey before he walks out to the main stage to watch the prod.

"Pero, tito Jo—"

"Mag-iistart na yung prod nyo, ano ba?" Reeza scratched her head.

Sigh. Why can't they be just as normal as the word can be? "Heto na po. Excited ka masyado, Reezabels," RJ poked her side before disappearing into the dimply lit main stage.

Maine went off to her side of the stage too, finding the small X mark on the floor and leaning her back onto a pole serving as a lamp post for their set. She adjusts her headworn microphone so as to it not falling off during their dance routines.