6.

6 | One Two Three Days

Drabble

-

It was a late afternoon and RJ was walking his way from the parking lot to the mall. His cousin April demanded to meet him that morning at the boutique for a last minute check for his suit. She's going to get married that very weekend and wants everything perfect. And so, she got frantic and won't take no as an answer when RJ told her that he thinks his suit might not fit well.

"Saan ka na?" April asked for the fifth time since he left his house.

"Nasa labas na, ate, chill. I was just joking last night," he whined through the phone. "Subukan lang ng mokong mong fiancé na di ka pakasalan kasi nakapajama akong pupunta ng simbahan—"

"Subukan mo—"

He almost dropped his phone on the pavement when someone bumped hard onto him from his behind.

"Owwie..."

"Sheesh.."

"Sorry! I was busy with— and I wasn't looking— are you alright?"
Before him was a girl in an oversized sweater, shorts, and sneakers, with her hair high up in a messy bun, and her glasses a bit askew. Her eyes were wide as saucers from apprehension that she might have had angered, or worse hurt, him.

He just shrugged, telling her he's fine. "You?" That's when he noticed the app on her phone. "Seryoso?" he laughed, amused.

The girl blushed.

"Keep an eye out on where you're going next time, Miss."

"Maine."

He felt something flutter in his stomach upon hearing her name. He liked it. "Maine," he smiled, a lone dimple on his left cheek showing. "Ingat, baka mapano ka pa sa pagiging trainer mo."

"I will. Sorry talaga ah!" And with that, red as a tomato, Maine scurried away.