3.

3 | One Two Three Days

Drabble

-

RJ.

I hate that I love you because I can't hate you. Get it?

You probably do because you had so much confidence in yourself that I would wait for you since you still chose to leave for God knows where.

Jerk.

I hate you for leaving me. But I love you. And that cancels the hate.

I know I said I hate you more times than I did say I love you and meant it. But I want you to know that I don't. I really don't. I can't. Because I love you.

I'm getting nowhere with this. And don't you dare laugh at me. Stop. I know you're laughing at me now. I hate you.

I love you.
Maine

P.S. I hate waiting.

•••

RJ.

Kuya Nico told me that everyone he knows in the army has mistresses in every single country they get destined.

If I receive news about you playing around, I swear I would bring a butcher's knife in the airport when you come home. I have eyes out there.

But seriously. You've waited so long for me to look at you this way, and I promised to wait. And I'm keeping my promise. Please keep yours.

I love you.
Maine

•••

Why won't you reply to anything I send you? What's happening out there? Are you alright? Your superior won't tell me. He says he has no news. We're getting worried. Please tell me you're okay.

Please come home to me. I love you.

•••

RJ, are you still there?

•••

Maine.

I'm sorry I worried you. I'm okay, at the same time, not really. But I'm not writing to talk about how I watched a close friend blow up into pieces trying in vain to diffuse a bomb, or how... Scratch that. Never mind. All you have to know is that I'm okay, and I'm keeping my promise.

I can't write back as often as I thought I could, but I got all your letters. Actually, I made a wooden box that I hide under my bunk so I could keep them. Don't ever stop sending them as they keep my sanity intact.

Well, Nico could be right about the mistresses, but I'm content with what I have back there so why would I want more? Besides, someone promised to wait for me to come home, and I promised her that I will.

I love that I love you because I get to love you always. Get it?

Always handsome,
RJ