Ch. 13

Steph POV

Betrayal.

Heart broken.

Pain.

All I have left is this. A broken heart, a feeling of betrayal, and the worst pain imaginable. There are times like this I think about the person Harry was before me. He drank, got tattoos, smoked, and shagged girls and left them. He changed for me but then I realize, he is still the same person. I don’t even know what to do anymore. But all I know is he can’t leave my mind.

I still love him.

He is the only person I love and thought I would love forever. He hurt me bad this time and even before this, promised he would never do this to me again. He got drunk and I just so happened to walk in and see his curls kissing some blonde in the bar. I have never felt like such an idiot before.

I barely slept last night so I left, in search of a way to calm myself. I have cried for almost 5 straight hours and I felt I needed to leave to not bother Philippe. I called Karen almost an hour ago and she told me to come home and think. But I can’t bring myself to leave.

I sit here writing in my journal, tears streaming down my face. It is only 8 and barely anyone is outside yet. I have only seen one person pass me and couldn’t bring myself to even look up to see if it was him. Yesterday started so well, I was happy and so was he, but I don’t even remotely know what caused him to drink and cheat. He is the one telling me to stay away from other people, but yet, here is big macho man Harry cheating on me. Again.

I finish writing and get up. I check my phone and see one voicemail. Only one voicemail from Harry. No texts, no missed calls, only one voicemail. I am afraid to listen to it so I just place my phone back in my pocket to listen to when I feel better. I walk around and stop at a little French bakery. I walk in and order a plate of crepes. I sit at the table and eat silently and read a magazine. I order a chai tea and sit there. Alone. In Paris. The most romantic place in the world.

I finish my food and walk out into the streets on Paris. I shiver and walk past the Four Seasons. I chance it and decide to walk in and go to our room. I get in the elevator and the doors open, revealing the penthouse. I silently walk in and go to the bedroom. I don’t hear anything running or him in the house. I take the opportunity to change my clothes. I grab my jeans, a navy sweater, and a tan jacket. I quickly change and make my way back downstairs. I was about to reach the door when I heard it open. I froze and ran into the kitchen. I can’t face him. Not yet at least.

I hear him crying and he kicks the door shut. I feel my heart melt seeing him so sad. He walks up the stairs and hear him shut the bedroom door. I can’t live with myself knowing this is the cause of me leaving. He really does need me but he promised he would never do that, and I told him I would leave if he did. I decided to write a small note to him but I don’t know if he will see it.

I walk to grab an apple and turn to walk out the door, but I see him, staring at me with wide eyes. I feel myself starting to tear up and I run to the door.

“Steph wait!” he called after me. I opened the door and ran straight for the elevator.