Ch. 39

Steph POV

It’s been nearly 2 months since I had my pregnancy scare. Harry and I haven’t really been active since because he is now afraid that I don’t want a baby anymore. Well, tonight is New Years Eve and I finally finished my exams and all my papers. I want him to relax for once because he has been under a lot of stress lately. He has been preparing for a fight that is happening tomorrow. He is currently sitting on the couch, his head resting against the wall and his eyes closed.

I walk out of the kitchen after washing the last dish. I walk towards him and see his eyes open slightly. I smile and he does too. I climb onto his lap and I kiss him. He moves his hands under my shirt and places them on my sides.

“Are you feeling okay?” I ask him.

“I’m fine. I just want to rest up for tomorrow.”

I nod and wrap my arms around his neck, leaning my head against his neck. He wraps his arms around my back and kisses my cheek.

“I still don’t like it when you go into the ring.”

He laughed and he tightly squeezed me. “I’ll be fine baby.”

“You never know. What if you get hurt?”

“Then I get hurt. I am trying my hardest in there and a couple blows to my face and cheeks don’t hurt. You have nothing to worry about.”

He kissed my neck and I relax a little. “I just want to make sure you don’t get hurt.”

“I’ll be fine.”

He lifted me up and set me down. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. “I’m going to bed.”

I nodded and he grabbed my hand. “Are you going to join me?”

“I suppose babe.” He laughed and led me to the bedroom. We got into bed and he moved the sheets up. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his forehead on mine.

“Are you ready for tomorrow?” I asked.

He nodded and kissed me. I placed a leg over his and hooked it with his.

“Are you going to win?” I smiled.

“I would hope to.”

“You better.”

He laughed and kissed me again. “I will do my best baby.”

I moved my hand to his left cheek and rubbed my thumb against his cheek. “I hate seeing you get punched.”

He smiled and looked deeply into my eyes. “I promise I will be fine. Remember that I have a powerful weakness. You, baby. They can’t hit you and weaken me. You make me stronger.”