Ch. 14

Harry POV

As I approached her, she started to shake. Her heart-rate monitor was beating rapidly and the doctor came in.

"Son, you need to leave."

I turned and looked at him. "No, she is mine and I can't leave her."

"Son, listen to her monitor and look at her face. I don't think she wants you here."

I stare at the man, maybe mid-twenties, "Okay, let's get something straight. She's mine, not yours or anyone else's. And don't call me son, I am the same age as you."

He walked closer to me and I balled my hands at my sides. Then I hear Steph.

"Harry?" I slow my breathing down and look at her.

"Yes?"

"Please leave."

I feel my heart shatter as I see tears starting to fall down her cheeks. I turn back to the man, who has a giant smile on his face.

"See, she doesn't want you here."

I really would like to kill him. He is making me furious. I pull his forearm and lead us out of the room.

"Listen here you little shit, she's is just shaken up and I would not try anything with her. She's mine and only mine. I suggest you keep your hands to yourself or you will be so fucking sorry," I growled in his face.

"Or what? You will scare her and make her even more afraid of you?"

I grab his collar and pull him up so our faces are close.

"She is mine."

"She, is also afraid of you. She told me what you did while I was putting her casts on. You really are a bastard thinking she will come back to you."

I loosen my grip on his shirt. She told him? He smiles at my defeat and I look him in the eye again.

"She is so beautiful and you cheated on her. You are a fool man. If I had her, I wouldn't even think of doing that, but yet you still have the guts to try and tell everyone she's yours." He started laughing, making me angry.

"You really are worthless. Look at you. Sure you have a body and are strong, but you have tattoos and piercings. You are scary and you hurt her. Wake up and realize she is afraid of you."

I turn my head and glance through the window to Steph's room. I look at her, gently sleeping. I sigh and realize that this guy is telling the truth.

"But you are such an idiot that you probably brain-washed her into thinking you actually love her. She is so broken and torn apart because of you. Look at her. This is probably the most relaxed she has been in days."

I can't control myself any longer. I open the doors to Steph's room and run over to her and grab her face gently in my hands. I press my lips to hers and feel a rush of sparks through my body. I close my eyes and relax. She doesn't kiss me back but she doesn't push me back either. I leave my lips on hers for a while then pull away and open my eyes slowly. Hers are closed and I lean my forehead on hers.

"Please talk to me baby."

She stays silent and I feel her tears on my hands. She has probably permanently stained her cheeks with all the crying she has done.

"Baby, I am so sorry."

She starts to sob and I push some of her hair back. I kiss her forehead and leave my lips there for a while.

"Please tell me what you want me to do to get you back."

"Harry, you hurt me."

I wipe my thumbs under her eyes, wiping the tears away. "I want to take it all back. I really do. I know, I promised I wouldn't do this, but I was drunk."

"That isn't an excuse. You promised and I thought you changed. But I realized that you are the same person, no matter what, you are still the same Harry you were before me. Like you said, you drank, you smoked, and you shagged girls and left them."

"But you aren't one of those girls and I have changed. I love you. I haven't smoked at all and I have only drank twice since we got together."

"Both of which you cheated on me. See, Harry, bad things happen to me when you drink."

She starts to cry and I kiss her forehead. "Baby, I know. Please talk to me."

"T-There is no-nothing to t-talk abou-ut."

"Yes, there is and I need you to came back home with me."

"No, I-I ca-can't."

At that moment the doctor walked in with a smile on his face.

"I need to run some tests. I suggest you leave now."

The smirk never left his face and I turned to him. "I am not leaving. But get this clear. You touch her or do anything to her, you will die."

I walk out of the room and to the waiting room. That doctor is making me mad. Why can't she have and old doctor? I walk to the front desk and ask who the doctor is. Dr. Mike Raymond. The name sounds stupid so I guess it fits him.

I go and sit in the waiting room and look my pictures again. Why am I such an asshole?

I feel a little hand on my leg and look down. I see a young girl, maybe 3, looking up at me with big brown eyes.

"Hi little lady," I said, putting on a smile.

"Hi."

She lifted her arms signaling me to lift her up. I happily obliged and she laughed. I smiled and looked down at her. "What's your name?"

"Lily."

"Hi Lily, I'm Harry."

"Hawwy, can you plwase do airpwane?"

I smile down at her and tickle her stomach. "Of course I can."

I move my arms to be under her and place my hands up. She grabs my thumbs, which are placed next to her knees and lift her up. I keep her in my arms and walk around the hospital. She 'controls' where we go and she giggles the whole time. Her light brown hair flies into my face and I shake it off.

"And we land."

She laughed and turned in my arms. She hugged me and I held her tightly. She is absolutely adorable.

"That was so fun Hawwy! Again plwase!"

"One more time."

She cheered and kissed my cheek. I zoomed her around the hospital again and placed her down on the couch in the waiting room.

"Where are your parent's little lady?"

"I don't know them. The weft me here. Please stay wif my Hawwy."

I feel myself tear up. I pull her onto my lap and she gives me a big hug. I hold her for a while.

"I will be here baby. I will be here for you as long as you need me. Now, how are you feeling?"

"Okay. I had leukemia but its gone now. I just live here becawse I have no whewe else."

"I keep her in my arms until I feel her relax. I cradle her in my arms and brush her tiny little hairs back. She closes her eyes and falls asleep. I go to the front desk and tell them I am taking care of her for the night. They have me sign a couple papers which I happily do. I begin to walk back to Steph's room and see her sleeping in the room. Mike is putting away her last couple medicine bottles and turns to me when he's done.

"Now you have a child. What are you trying to do, win her over with a little girl?!"

He laughs and I smile at him, he is really stupid for a doctor. "No, this little lady wanted to be by me in the waiting room. I didn't want to wake her so I am taking care of her tonight. You really should think before you speak."

He frowns and walks out. I go to Steph and kiss her forehead. I walk over to the couch and sit down. I lay down and keep Lily in my arms. I sit here and think about Steph, how much I love her, every aspect. Her eyes, her hair, her voice, her smile, her body, mind, soul, laugh, and her heart. Everything she says, does, everything. From the tips of her toes, to the top of her head, I love her, all of her.

I smile and kiss the top of Lily's head and drift off into sleep.

~~~

I wake up, feeling something warm in top of me. I open my eyes and see Lily's little brown mop of hair on my chest. They are adorable with a little curl on the end. Her little hands are placed on my shoulders and I feel her stirring a little. I kiss her head and she looks up at me in her sleepy brown eyes. She smiles when she sees me and hugs me. I smile and lift her up. I sit up and she wraps her tiny legs around my waist. I grab her and lift her up into the air. She laughs and I smile up at her. I stand up and walk over to Steph.

"Who's that?"

"My girlfriend."

"Aw, she's pwetty."

"Yes, she is. And so are you."

She smiled and I carried her out of the room. I took her downstairs and to the Starbucks across the street. I got her a muffin and a hot chocolate.

"Hawwy?"

"Yes baby?"

"Can I see your giwlfwend again?"

"Of course."

I sat her next to me o the table and gave her her muffin. She ate it all up and drank her hot chocolate as I drank my coffee. She told me she was done and I picked her up again and headed out the door. It is so cold here in Paris that it is horrible. I quickly make my way into the hospital and up to the third floor. The secretary greets me and says hi to Lily. Before this, Lily apparently never left her room. She saw me and wanted to play. I am glad she did because she is absolutely beautiful.

I walk to Steph's room and open the door. She is sitting up and eating a bagel when she sees Lily and me. Her eyes widen and she looks concerned.

"Steph, Lily here wanted to meet you."

She kind of stared at me, unsure of what to do but soon spoke up. "Hi Lily," she said smiling.

"Hi."

I set her down and she walked over to Steph. She climbed up and sat next to Steph and whispered something in her ear. Steph smiled and whispered something back. Lily laughed and hugged Steph. She hugged her back and Lily got off the bed. She ran back to me and I picked her up.

"Let's get you to you room to take a nap."

She stuck her lip out and I smiled. "Come on silly girl, it's nap time."

We walked out and I carried her to her room down the hall. I sat her in her bed and tucked her in. I kissed her forehead and she smiled.

"You'w come back wight Hawwy?"

"Of course baby. Go to sleep baby."

I walked out and back to Steph's room. I walk in and see her on her phone. She looks up and quickly moves away from me.

"Steph please talk to me."

"Okay, fine, who was that adorable little girl and why did you bring her in here?"

"That was Lily. She wanted to be with me last night and wanted to meet you."

She looked up and glared at me. "Do you need anything else?"

I walked over and grabbed her face in my hands. "A kiss."

I quickly pecked her lips and she moved away.

"Stop Harry! You are messing with my heart and I can't take it anymore!"

"Thn please know I love ou and I am truly regretful. I miss you baby and I want you to be with again, like the way we were."

I look down at her and see her eyes forming tears yet again. "You cheated on me Harry! For the second time in our relationship! That day, meant everything to both of us. I was so happy and wanted you more than anything, you probably feeling the same way. But you hurt me. I never felt so betrayed. You-"

I cut her off by giving her a kiss. I don't want to hear anymore because I know what I did and I hate hearing about it.

"Harry, you need to stop. I don't know what to do and I still am trying to figure everything out. I have a huge hole in my heart because of everything happening." I let go of her face and grab her hands that are in her lap.

"I promise you right now, I swear on my life, I will never and I mean ever hurt you again. I treated you like shit, I hurt you after I promised I would never hurt you and I feel like a rotten bastard."

"Because you are one," she said under her breath. I laugh and she smiled.

"Yes I am. I need you to believe me when I say I love you. I love you more than myself and I want you because you are the only one for me."

She takes a deep breath and I look for some expression on her face.

"I just don't know. It hurt me so bad. I had no one and I stayed with a guy the night of that I barely knew."

"Who was it? Did he try anything with you? Do you like him and does he like you?"

"Harry," she groans.

"Sorry I just, I love you so damn much and I want you to know that I don't like it when you talk about yourself with other guys. I nearly punched the shit out of both your doctor and Hunter."

She smiled. "Anyways, Philippe, the guy whose house I stayed at, did not try anything because we were on opposite sides of the house. I couldn't and I wouldn't have done anything with him."

I took a deep breath and relaxed knowing she still has only done anything with me. "I need you to know that I love you baby girl. I never meant to do that. I just was so intoxicated at the time that I thought her blonde hair was yours."

"But it wasn't." Her tears starte to fall down her cheeks and I placed my hands on her cheeks, wiping away her tears.

"I know and I regret everything I did. I missed you so much so I drank. I promise, from now on and to forever, I will never drink or do anything to hurt you ever again."

She looked into my eyes and I melted at her blue-green eyes, full of pain and hurt.

"That's assuring but I still don't know if I can trust you. I told you last time, which I shouldn't even have to bring up, don't drink or cheat or I swear I will leave."

I brush her hair back and kiss her forehead.

"But I also told you I would die without you, which is true," I said, trying to make sure my arms are covered, not to show my way of coping.

"You want to know what I did while you and I were away? I cried and cried for hours, my love cheated on me. I wrote about my feelings, all were betrayal and sadness. I was in Paris, alone. All because of you."

I felt my heart shatter and I let some of my tears fall. I let go of her face and got up. I run my hand through my hair and pull at it. I have never felt so much pain in my life. No fight compares to the pain of the one person you love the most, telling you they are hurt by you.

(I am sorry I took so long I update but here you go! I hope you like it and please keep following, voting, and commenting your thought! Thanks and I love you all!! (: )