Ch. 19

Harry POV

As we were getting off the plane, I wrapped an arm around Steph, holding her close so no one gets any ideas. We went to the baggage claim, got our bags and started to make our way out of the airport.

"Styles?"

I froze. That voice. A voice I thought I left in England. I turned around and faced Josh. I pushed Steph behind me, trying to make sure she was safe.

"What are you doing here?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I heard about you fighting. Thought it would be fun to see your skills."

Steph grabbed the back of my shirt and rubbed a hand up and down my back. I relaxed and reached back and grabbed one of her hands.

"Who is this?" Josh asked. I didn't want him touching Steph. This man is bad and he can't control himself.

"My fiancée," I gritted.

He laughed and Steph squeezed my hand tighter.

"You have fiancée? What did you do? Make her love you like you did with Emily?"

I froze, Steph let go of my hand. He brought up the one thing that I hoped would never be brought up again.

"What did you do with Emily? Who's Emily?" she asked.

I was speechless. Josh smiled and walked over to her. I balled up my fists and he placed an arm around her shoulder. Her eyebrows were crunched together and never broke eye contact with me.

"Well you see," Josh started, but I started walking towards them. Josh stopped me and I was full on furious now. He brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear and I was about to lose it.

"Your fiancée here is a player. He did drugs, fought, and he even lied. Emily was a young, innocent girl that he lied to."

She looked up and her eyes were full of tears. "What did he do to her?" she barely whispered. Josh held her tighter and I was about to go all mad man any second.

"Seeing as Harry is angry and would probably lie to you, I will tell you all you want to know, because I saw the whole thing."

Steph POV

I was confused as to what the hell is going on. I nodded to this Josh guy and he held me tighter, me becoming uncomfortable.

"Harry here thought it would be fun to make this girl fall in love with him. So he did everything to get her. He fought for her with everything he had in him."

I hated where this is going. I thought I was the only one Harry fought for. We are standing in the middle of the airport, talking about this.

"This made Emily saw that he might actually mean something to her. So she accepted a date and that's when Harry tricked her."

I look at Harry, the tears streaming silently down my face. He was angry and I knew it. He looked at me and his eyes softened.

"Harry kissed her, and told her that it made sparks shoot through his body. He had sex with her, telling her it was the best feeling in the world. That's when it happened. She felt like he was the one. She told him she loved him."

I couldn't believe he did this. This is worse than cheating.

"Harry," he said letting go of me and walking and patting him on the back, "said he never loved her."

I felt my heart break at the story. It may not be my own personal pain, but this is something he did to someone. He destroyed this girl.

"Steph," Harry said. I couldn't register what was going on.

"But wait," Josh said, "there's more."

I turned my attention to Josh, who had a big smile on his face.

"Emily thought he was lying. But the worst part was, Harry told everyone but her of this plan. Emily found out, guilty as charged, and couldn't believe it. She was so heartbroken and no one wanted her. Her mother kicked her out and her father thought of her as a slut. She had no one. So what did she do?"

I put a hand over my mouth. I couldn't believe what he did to her.

"She went to her apartment and overdosed."

I cried. So hard. I ran to the doors of the airport and ran. I grabbed my phone, calling Karen to pick me up. I have done this way too many times. Running and calling my mom.

"Steph!" I turn and see Harry. He runs to me and wraps his arms around me. I don't wrap mine around him, hurt at the story I just heard.

"I am so sorry. I never wanted you to find out about that because it was the darkest moment in my life. You are my brightest. Please know I have changed and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about her. Please don't run away."

I can't think straight. I can't believe what is going on. He pulls away a little and kisses my forehead. He brought his hands up and wiped my tears.

"Shh, I'm sorry. Baby girl, I am not doing that to you. I wouldn't even think of it. You are the one. I love you. I love you. I love you. I am so sorry baby. Josh, he is a bad person and I told him if he ever comes near us I will kill him."

"Harry, you don't need to kill him. I am still so angry at you though."

"Please don't be though. I love you. I only say those three words to you. I used to say it to my mum but you are the only other person I say it to."

"But you practically killed her."

"And I regret everything I did."

Karen pulled up and I let go of Harry. I walked and he grabbed my hand. "No you are coming home with me."

"I need time Harry. Give me time." I let go of his hand and got into the car.

"What is his deal Steph? I'm starting to think that he's taking advantage of your kindness."

I shake my head. "He wouldn't do that. He has just kept a huge secret from me and it just came out. I need time to think, that's all."

"Alright, but you need to rest. You look exhausted."

I nodded and rested my head on the window.

"My God that is the biggest diamond I have ever seen!" she said grabbing my hand. I smile and she looks at me.

"He proposed!" I nodded and smiled.

"Stephy congrats! Oh my God my little lady is getting married."

I laugh and she jumps in her seat. We pull up into the driveway and I get out. I walk in and into the kitchen.

"Steph!"

I turn and see Reagan running at me. I lift her up and hold her closely. She holds onto me tightly and I carry her up to her room. I place her on the bed and tickle her.

"How are you little lady?"

"Good. I miss you Steph."

"Aw, I miss you too babes."

She gets up and jumps into my arms again. I spin her around and I sit down, placing her on my lap.

"Are you staying here now?" she asks me, kissing my cheek.

"Only for a couple days. I am going to live with Harry after that."

"Why?"

"Because Harry and I are getting married."

She smiled and grabbed my hand. "Yay! I love you Steph."

"I love you too baby."

I picked her up and carried her back downstairs. Albert gave me a bone crushing hug and I hugged Jeff.

"How are you doing Steph? I heard he hurt you again. He needs to stop or I will beat him up," he said, putting a smile on my face.

"We are all good. I just need some time to think. I missed you guys."

He smiled and hugged me again, kissing my forehead.

"Daddy?"

He let me go and picked up Reagan.

"What's up sweetheart?"

I walked away as they started to talk. I went upstairs to my old bedroom and went to the balcony. I pulled out my phone and saw a ton of missed calls and texts from Harry.

Please come home.

I need you. I am so sorry. Please call me.

Please talk to me. I need you home.

Baby, I never meant for that to happen. I need you to come home.

Please talk to me baby. I miss you and I can't handle being away.

The messages went on and I just threw my phone on my bed. I stayed out on the balcony and looked at the stars. I remember the time Harry asked me to promise to be with him. We stayed out almost all night and looked at the stars together.

I just wished he had told me instead of having to hear it from a guy that Harry knows. I wonder what he was even doing here anyways. I walk back downstairs and grab a thing of ice cream. I walk and tell Karen and Jeff that if Harry comes to tell him I don't want to talk to him. They agreed and I walked upstairs. I kissed Reagan's forehead quickly and walked into my room. I sat on the balcony and ate the ice cream. I soon started getting tired and fell asleep.

~~~

A week has past and I still haven't talked to Harry. I basically have been in my room eating ice cream and watching TV. Other than ice cream, I have been too upset to eat. He has sent me endless texts and voicemails, came over and tried but was turned down, and even tried to sneak in through my balcony. I am in the bathtub, soothing my muscles and letting my stress go down the drain. The music of Coldplay and The Fray ringing through my ears as I try to relax. Today, my phone has been ringing off the hook and I have not even picked it up.

"What do you want Harry? I told you she doesn't want to be bothered." I hear Jeff yell.

"I need her. She is my fiancée."

"She gave me strict orders as to not even let you into this house."

"Hey, hey. Little girl is upstairs. She hear you," I heard Papa intrude.

I hear them mumbling but I can't make out anything they are saying. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and the door to my room is pushed open. I thank God as I remember I locked the bathroom door.

"Steph please come home."

Harry. I stay silent as I unplug the tub. I grab my towel and wrap it around my body.

"Steph, baby, I am sorry and I need to talk to you. I miss you. Your voice, eyes, touch, kiss, everything. I love you, only you. My words are true, please just come home."

I don't know what to believe anymore. He has cheated on me, lied to a girl and practically killed her, but hid it from me. I feel tears come to my eyes and the fall down my cheeks. I am nearly skin and bones again, due to my lack of eating.

"Baby please."

I can tell he's crying too but I can't bring myself to see him.

"I need to see you. I will break down this door."

I get up slowly and place my hand on the doorknob. I take a deep breath and open the door. I look at Harry, bags under his eyes, tears streaming down his face, eyes completely blood shot. I take a deep breath and he slowly walks to me. He grabs my face in his cold hands. I hold my towel tightly in my hands as he brushes his thumbs under my eyes. I look down at his chest, trying not to look in his eyes.

"You haven't eaten anything have you?" he asked. I shook my head and closed my eyes. He kissed my forehead and I let the tears fall. He continued to wipe them, not talking to me.

"I love you."

I just can't talk. He could have been using me this whole time and I just don't know anymore.

"Steph please. You mean the world to me. I need to hear your voice. I love you with all my heart. Steph I would never do any of that to you. Just please, come home."

I just cry. I don't know. I seriously am so confused. He let go of me and I took it as my chance to run to my closet. I closed the door and slide down the wall, bringing my knees to my chest and sobbing.

"No, please, please," he whispered. "I-I never, and I mean ever would do that to you. You mean too much to me. Please just, don't cry."

I get off the floor and put on my bra and panties. I pull on a white sweater and jeans. I take my hair out of my bun and just sit on the floor.

"I know you don't like what I did, I don't either, just please, come home with me. I haven't slept and I miss you horribly. It is unhealthy for me to be away from you this long, please come home."

I have stopped crying and my eyes are puffy. I just want to know our relationship is real.

Harry POV

I have stood here for an hour, pleading for her to come home. I miss her and I need her. She doesn't realize that I literally need her to survive. I have been without her for a long time and I need her home, where she belongs.

"Steph please come out. I need you. Just please talk to me."

Nothing. Like the past hour. She hasn't talked to me at all. I miss her voice. I miss her touch. I miss everything. I have thought long and hard about this and I need her. I have talked to Josh and he went back home to England. The whole time I met with him I just wanted to beat the shit out of him. He purposely destroyed our relationship for his own benefit.

"Baby, please."

I am leaning against the door, talking. I hear footsteps and Karen puts a hand on my back.

"She will come around. Just give her time."

"But I need her. I love her so much and I want her home again."

"She won't talk to me either so I can't really help you. Just go home and get some sleep. You look like you need it."

I sigh and nod. I walk out of her room and down the stairs and drive home. I grip the wheel tightly as the anger boils in me. I get home and start to smash everything. I open the cabinet and smash the plates against the wall. I rip off my shirt and run a hand through my hair. I tug on it and cry. I fall onto my knees and sob. I yell and hit the floor. I stand back up and smash a glass against the wall. My breathing is heavy and I ball up my fists. I can't drink. I can't.

'It will make you feel better' the voice in my head tells me.

I shake my head. I fight my urge and grab my shirt. I pull it over my head and walk out of the house and to my car. I drive to the gym and go in. I immediately start to punch the bag.

"Harry, I have your fight information."

I turn and see Tom. "Hey, are you alright mate?"

"She won't talk to me. I tried but I can't get my own fiancée to talk to me."

"Hey she will come around. Just because she won't talk doesn't mean she doesn't still love you."

I ignore him and punch the bag. "Okay, you want to know who your fighting?"

"Yeah, sure."

"You are scheduled to fight Justin Grim."

I stop and look at him. "Are you fucking kidding me?! The guy is almost 2 weight classes more than me!"

"Yes but you can handle it. You are have moved up a weight class remember? Just train. It's in three weeks."

I sigh and continue to punch the bag. Why did Josh have to show up and ruin everything. I just want my baby back.

Steph POV

I went out for a while to do some shopping. I go to the mall and walk around the shops. I walk out of Top Shop and make my way to the next one, which happens to be American Eagle. I walk in and go to the jeans. I buy a pair and make my way to the food court. I sit down and eat and feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn and see a guy, maybe mid twenties, his deep brown eyes look into mine.

"Um, hi," I say.

He smiles and waves over a couple guys. I begin to feel a little nervous as to what was going on. Three other guys walk over to him and smile. One had blonde hair and blue eyes, another had a brown buzz cut and brown eyes, one had brown styled hair and blue eyes, and the one that came up to me has dark brown hair.

"It has to be her," the blonde one said.

"Definitely," the buzz cut one said.

"I can't believe how beautiful she is," the blonde one said.

I just look at them confused. "Um, who are you?"

The brown haired one with blue eyes spoke, "Oh, I'm Louis, that's Niall, Zayn, and Liam."

I nodded and looked at them. "Um, what do you want?"

"Are you Steph?" Zayn asked.

I was hesitant to answer, considering I have never seen these people before. I must say, they are very nice looking guys though.

"Um, yes."

"It's her." "Definitely." "Definitely the one."

"I'm sorry, what is going on?"

"We are friend's with Harry. We saw you in the hospital when you were unconscious. You are so beautiful," Niall said.

"We knew Harry said you were the most beautiful girl but I didn't know you literally were. You are the most beautiful thing in the world," Liam said.

"No wonder Harry is so protective over her. She is something unreal," Zayn said.

"I still can't believe he found someone, let alone her," Louis said.

These boys were making me blush. They were really nice but a little scary at first. They have the same look as Harry, tattoos and piercings.

"Um, wow, thank you. So you guys actually saw me in the hospital," I asked.

"Yeah, we came and visited Harry. His mum called saying he was miserable because his girlfriend was in the hospital, so we came and visited. He was such a wreck. We never knew he was able to fall in love but the way he is with you, man, he went soft for you," Liam said.

I blushed. "Yeah, you'd be even more surprised that we're engaged."

They cheered and I laughed. "Styles is getting married? I will pay to see him in a tux," Louis says. I pull out my phone and open a picture of us at the wedding and show it to him.

"He looks like a bloody idiot," Niall laughs. I join him and invite them to sit with me.

"So where is the lucky guy?" Zayn asks.

"I don't know actually. I think the gym. We kind of had a fight last week and I am still a little upset."

"Aw, I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Before I do, can I ask you a question?"

"Anything," Liam said.

"Do you know about Emily?"

It took them a while before Niall spoke up. "We all know."

I sigh and took a sip of my water. "We all hated Harry after what he did. After Josh told her Harry's plan, Harry didn't even care what happened to her. She killed herself because of him and we will never forget it. Harry, one of our best mate's, causing a girl to do that to herself," Liam said.

"Harry didn't even care. We hated him. He was such a dick and we didn't bother talking to him for months. When we found out about you was the first time we talked to him in a long time. Seeing him, so sad about a girl, made us realize that he has changed," Zayn said.

"Harry never was one to be with a long term girlfriend. I don't think we say him with the same girl for more than a week. We knew that when we were called by his mum that you were someone he cared for," Niall said.

"We came from all around the world, Niall and I were in England, Zayn in LA, and Liam was in New York. We all came to see him here in Wisconsin. We came again to see him, see how he is doing. He is still one of our best mates, even though he really is a shit at some times," Louis said, making me laugh.

"But trust us when we say that the way Harry treated you at the hospital, never leaving you, and how he looks at you with such love in his eyes and looks at you as if you are the only thing in his eyes, he does love you. I have never seen him like that and I know that you are someone he loves."

I nod at Liam when he tells me this. I didn't realize how mean Harry was. But I also realize that Harry has changed.

"Well, thank you guys. I really should get going. How long are you in Wisconsin?"

"A couple weeks. We'll see you soon Steph."

I got up and waved, heading out of the mall and to my car. I drove the Karen's and got out of the car. I walked into the dark house and up to my room. I fell onto the bed and looked at my phone.

Nothing.

I sighed and threw my phone on the floor. I changed into my pajamas and fell asleep. I am going to talk to Harry tomorrow so I had to get a good night sleep in order for that.

I wake up to the feeling of someone climbing onto me. I open my eyes and see Reagan on top of me. I smile and she hugs me.

"Albert made waffles and they are yummy."

"Then I guess I have to go and try some," I said, kissing her cheek and lifting her up. I carry her downstairs and put her down. I grab a waffle and eat it. I make my way upstairs and change into a plaid button up and jeans. I pull on my brown boots and do my make-up. I leave my hair in a bun and walk downstairs.

"Be back later," I yell. I close the door and walk towards the apartments. I reach the parking lot and see Harry walking to his car. He looks up and sees me. He drops everything he hands in his hands and I can't hold back anymore. I run up to him and he wraps his arms around me. Mine wrap tightly around his neck and I place my head in his neck.

We don't talk and he just holds me close. I can't help but just wonder what his thoughts are. He is probably really confused but I don't care. I just missed his arms so damn much. I can tell he has been working out too.

"I love you," he whispers in my ear.

"I love you Harry."

He pulls back and kisses my lips softly. He leans and picks me up, me wrapping my legs around his waist. I smile into the kiss and hold his face in my hands.

"I don't want to go another day without you telling me that," he said.

"I don't either."

He smiled and kissed me again. He set me down and let go of the kiss. He grabbed my hand and walked back over to his car. He picked up his workout bag and we walked to the door of the apartment.

"I have to warn you, it's a little messy," he said. I smiled and we walked in. I looked around and my mouth dropped.

"Harry!"

He grabbed my face in his hands and kissed me before I could say anything to him. I grabbed his wrists and pulled his hands off my face.

"You broke everything!" I walk in and look at our glass covered floors. All our vases are broken and all out glassed and plates. I turn back and look at him. He has his hands in his pockets and I just glare at him.

"I told you it was messy."

"Why did you break everything breakable?!"

He laughed and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"This isn't funny."

"You're cute when you're mad."

I loosened and pushed Harry back. "You still didn't answer my question."

"I was upset and I didn't want to drink so I smashed plates. And every other breakable thing in the apartment."

"At least you didn't drink."

He smiled and kissed me softly. "I couldn't break my promise."

I smiled and placed another kiss to his lips. I pulled away and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed the broom and started to sweep. I felt a pair of arms around me and his hands placed on mine.

We finished sweeping up the broken glass and put it in a bag. I fell onto the couch and Harry sat next to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I didn't want you thinking I would do the same to you. I would never do that to you."

"I know."

He looked at me confused and I smiled.

"Your friends told me the whole story."

"What?"

"I met Niall, Liam, Louis, and Zayn yesterday at the mall."

"Why the hell are they here?"

I laughed and he pulled me onto his lap.

"They wanted to meet up with you but met me first. They told me about you and I know you really love me and it's not a joke."

He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"It was never a joke. I love you and always will. Until the day I die."

(New update! I hope you all like it and I hope you all follow, vote, and comment! Ily so much! <3)