Ch. 22

Steph POV

We made our way back downstairs and I stayed by Harry. I heard one of my favorite songs come on and I started to hum to it. Harry turned to me and bent his head down to my ear.

“Dance with me.”

His hot breath tickled my ear and I giggled. I pecked his cheek and he grabbed my hand. He led me to the area of sweaty bodies dancing and grabbed my waist. He wrapped his arms around my waist, mine around his neck, and he held me close to him, whispering Wrecking Ball in my ears. I smiled and the song ended. I told Harry I was going to go outside to get air and he allowed. I walked out and was alone. I walked over to the lamp post and just walked around.

“No Harry I see.”

I turned and saw Josh smirking. I looked to see if Harry was around, but he wasn’t.

“Looking for Prince Charming? Because, sweetheart, he is nothing but a prince.”

I walked up to him and grabbed his shirt. “He is my fiancée you idiot. I love him.”

“Sure you do.”

He grabbed my wrist and I let go of his shirt.

“But I was expecting a reply from my text message earlier. How come I didn’t get one?”

That was him? How did he get my number? He let go of my wrist and smiled. I looked up at him and he just smiled.

“Your cute. Wonder why Harry chose you to hurt?”

He’s lying Steph, I told myself. Harry wouldn’t hurt me. Not intentionally at least.

“Can I tell you about you fiancée? How he was before he moved here?”

I stayed silent and stared at him with anger in my eyes.

“I will take your silence as a yes.”

He walked over to where I was standing, not even two feet away from him. He placed a hand on my shoulder, but I shook it off.

He laughed, “I see you’re feisty. I like that.”

I brought my hand up and slapped him, leaving him stunned. I smiled and walked away from him. I was about to open the back door, Harry in my sight, but two hands grabbed my sides. Josh pulled me to him and held me tight, surely leaving bruises along my hips. I saw Harry running to the door, but I decided to handle this my way.

“Come with me sweetheart. I will treat you better than him.”

I used all my force to turn me around. He smiled and I returned, but smashed my knee right to where it counts. He doubled over and fell to the ground. I turned and saw Harry standing there, smiling like crazy person.