Chapter 10: Separate Worlds

He stopped at the edge of the ship. I could smell the salty air and almost hear the sea screaming for my name. It was probably waiting for my body to fall. I looked at the owner of the arms carrying me. If there was anything left to him from the person I met five years ago, it was all gone. It was replaced by a cold, heartless man who wouldn't mind throwing a girl's body to the sea. He had no soul.

"What happened to you?" I silently asked him. The more I looked at him, the more I am convinced to accept my fate. He looked at me and our eyes met once again. And just like before, I couldn't see recognition in those orbs. How come he couldn't remember me?

"You are Threy Weston. Have you forgotten about that?" I asked again. I'd probably die in few minutes so why not throw questions to him as much as I could. But no matter how many queries I tried to give him, he wouldn't respond. He just looked at me with those cold eyes while standing firm against the strong blow of the wind on the ship's edge. I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes so I tried to stop it by closing them. God! How could I end up like this? When I finally opened them, I think I saw something changed in Threy's eyes. There was a hint of softness and warmth in them that was suddenly gone when our eyes met again. But then, I was probably just imagining it. I was probably trying to make up a pleasing scenario before I close my eyes forever. If I could only stare at those eyes once again.

"Did you find her?" This time, I couldn't hide my loneliness. His eyes, if it was possible, became colder. It's like there was a storm inside them.

"I haven't." His voice matched the coldness of his eyes.

"When I die, I'll pray in heaven that you would find her." I said, forcing an encouraging smile on my face.

His eyes left mine and focused on the sea. His grip from my leg and shoulder tightened and I couldn't help but winced. I probably talked too much and he probably decided that this was the right time to throw me. He's maybe talking to the sea telling them not to give me an easy death.

I closed my eyes once again anticipating the feeling of falling down to the cold water. But to my surprise, he stepped back from the edge and waked back to center of the deck. I opened my eyes to meet the wild pirates looking at us confused. When he reached the young man who refused to harm me and the tall bulky man who got me from the canoe, he stopped. He gave me to the larger man and said, "Give her a cabin. No one touches her," he said and turned to the pirates, "If anyone dares to lay a finger on her, I will give him death." He finished and climbed to the upper deck where supposedly the captain is. The men started to walk through a different door, the one on the left and opposite to the one I was shoved a while ago. It was completely different to the other one. It was brighter and had small cabins on each side of the isle. When we reached the last cabin, they opened it and the three of us entered. The bulky man laid me down on a bed that was far from being soft and not so near from being hard.

"You can stay here." The young man said. I didn't answer. I just crawled on the corner of the bed and wrapped my knees with my arms. I let out the tears I was trying to hold back all this time and they flow like the effortless fluidity of water falls in the East. They stayed for a couple of minutes watching me cry loudly until they decided to leave the cabin. I couldn't remember how many hours I spent on crying before I fell asleep.