Chapter 6: Taken

Chapter 6: Taken

I couldn’t sleep. It’s already past midnight and yet my mind is still wandering around different topics it could grasp. Sometimes, I wished I didn’t know anything at all. I could have lived like some normal girl just waiting happily and hopefully for the life that awaits her. But I could never be like that. This morning will not just be about the decision for Pirates. It will be the decision for my life, too. And I dreaded the thought of the possible outcomes of it.

Though my mind is still doing all the imaginary pacing from one corner to another, my body is just so tired that all it can do is to lie still and close my eyes. After few minutes, the ideas are finally fading from my mind like a hazy cloud and I knew it’s time for me to let everything go. I was already starting on a dream when I felt something touched my face. I opened my eyes automatically and was alerted when I saw Chester leaning over me.

“What the bloody hell are you doing here?!” I wasn’t the one who’s cursing but this situation is something I’ve never imagined encountering.

“You’re going to be my wife. I might as well get what’s already mine.” He smirked at me. He looked on my thin dress lustfully. I quickly grabbed the blanket to cover my body but he got my hands and pinned it above my head.

I was so shocked and nervous. I’ve never been in this situation before. “Get off me! Or else I will scream!” I warned. And I think I just made a mistake for he suddenly covered my mouth with one of his hands. This is getting worse. Fear is quickly crawling on my skin now.

“Scream? For what? You are in my territory. You are mine.” He said and I stared in horror at him. Is he going to force me into something? I began thrashing around but he’s so big and strong. In just a second, I was already under his weight. I couldn’t move.

Tears started rushing down my face when he began kissing my neck. I don’t deserve this humiliation! I attempted to push him with all my strength but I didn’t even make a change. Just when I was losing hope, the sound of emergency rang around the mansion as well as on the center of the west land.

He suddenly released me. “What the hell is that?” He cursed loudly.

I took advantage of his confusion and slapped him on the face. “I despise you! You disgust me!” I screamed at him. He was about to grab me again but the crashing and breaking sound of the windows in my room stopped him. We both looked on to the window. I couldn’t believe what I’m seeing. Chester seemed to be surprised and scared, too.

There in front of the window were five pirates who just climbed it up from the outside. Two of them were from the pirates they caught on the jail. Oh my God! They’re escaping!

Suddenly, two of them are grabbing me while the others are fighting with Chester. “Let her go!” he shouted as he tried to dodge the attacks of the three pirates. He seemed to be mad and when our eyes met, I think I saw the worry in it.

I tried to escape again. I was screaming but it seemed like people were busy fighting pirates off, too. I saw that they already incapacitated Chester and three men are still punching him.

“Hey! Hey! Stick to the mission! Get all the jewels you can find in this room. We’ll take this girl, too.” One of the captured pirates said.

“What? That’s not the mission!” one of them said.

But it seems like the one holding me has a higher position than him so they had nothing to do but obey. Take the girl, too. Oh, no! They’re going to kidnap me. “Please! Let me go! Take everything here. Just let us go.” I begged them but they just showed me their toothed grin.

They left Chester on the floor and dragged me towards the window. They jumped and when it’s my turn, I shook my head in fear. “I-It’s too high. I – I couldn’t-“ but all my words stuck on my throat as they pushed me away from the window. The cold air hit my face and I waited until I crashed on the hard ground. But one of the pirates caught me and steadied my feet. The other pirates quickly climbed down to join us. We ran on the direction towards the sea. I could hear the sound of fighting everywhere. I saw Tarnus outside the gate of the mansion fighting pirates.

I need him. He could save me from them. He always does. “Tarnus!” I screamed loudly hoping he hears me. And he did. He turned on our direction and his face became furious when he saw the situation.

“Primrose!” He screamed and tried to get to me. But the other pirates stopped him and continued fighting with him. I just screamed as the group led me on the shore. There, I saw a big ship full of pirates.

“No, no!” I screamed but no one listened to me. I was trying to plant my feet on the sand when I heard the loud signal of the ship. And after few seconds, I heard explosions on the west land.

“Come on! We’re sailing in three minutes!” the pirate grabbing me said. But I just spat on him hatefully.

“I should have let them hang you to death!” I said.

“But you didn’t.” I felt something hard hit my back and I felt dizzy. I refused to pass out but my body has been craving for sleep. I can never pass out in situations like this. I have to put all my strength to get out of here.

But strength is something I probably left in my room in the West Mansion for my body just froze with coldness and fear. The thought that they’d take me away and bring me to deepest part of the sea kicks into my consciousness. But how could I evade these pirates. I probably have hundreds of them or more in this ship. How could I escape them?

I started to feel nauseous due to the movement the waves sent to the vessel. It makes my situation worse as they drag me on the plank towards the deck of the pirate ship. I caught a glimpse of the dark sea and I started to feel fear crawling on my skin. That fear gave me courage to fight what’s about to happen. So with all my strength, I pushed one of my abductors to the sea. He fell and I used their state of surprise to run back but one of them got hold of me and pushed me roughly forward.

“You can not escape, young lady! You belong to this ship the moment you stepped on its woods.” The pirate said coldly.

“No ship can own me!” I screamed at him. I started to panic when the ship started to move slowly away from the shore. The pirates are now rushing from the west land towards the sea. They seemed to be used in chasing ships for they move really quick.

I held on to the railings as the realization of being completely taken hits me. Another explosion came from the West Land and I watched in horror as the stadium was lighted by a big fire. I immediately thought of my parents. I began to scream until I couldn’t hear my own voice anymore. And as the shore becomes my horizon, the darkness took my consciousness.