V: Hazel gets an invite to Underworld

Hazel Levesque

Since we got back from our suppose-to-be-fun ship trip. Me, Jason, and Frank decided to stay for awhile, for the burning of Percy's burial shroud.

All of us were shocked by the death of the Son of the Sea God. When we got back, most of the campers did not take the news well. Most of the camper of CHB, cried and were upset. Even the Ares cabin was not happy about the news. The hunters, came to camp, even though Percy was a boy, the hunters still owed him. Camp Jupiter visited, most of them upset about the news of the son of Poseidon, even Octavian had came.

Everyone respected Percy. Even the gods. Artemis, who turned his back from men, Dionysus, who dislikes half bloods and Hades who dislikes humans.

Since, Percy's death,Chiron called Sally after we came, Sally did not take the news well. At first, she did not believe him, she demanded to see for herself. When Sally and Paul was summoned to camp, and when Sally came in the infirmary, she sobbed so loud, it was heartbreaking.

Annabeth was the worst. She wouldn't sleep, or eat, or even read books. Malcolm had to take over, temporarily, as their cabin's counselor. It's either she was at their cabin, Poseidon's cabin, or near the surf where Percy, usually went.

I was at the Mess hall on the way to the Aphrodite cabin. I looked around, the Hephaestus, Hermes, Athena and, even, the Ares cabin all worked on Percy's shroud.

Percy's shroud was long sea green silk, embroidered with a trident, like the one they made when they thought Percy died on Mount Helens, some of the campers told me, but better. Leo and his cabin mates, did a good job improving it, it had water sprouting from below that made it look like a fountain, underwater plants from the Demeter cabin, sea shells, pearls etc.

Percy was a hero. He did not deserve this. He deserved better. He deserved a happy ending. Her mom named him Perseus, because Perseus was the only one who got a happy ending at the end.

I was about to knock at the door of the Aphrodite Cabin, then Nico appeared out of the shadows, his eyes were red from crying, dark circles were under his eyes, his cheeks sunken. Like he hasn't slept or eaten in days.

Oh, Nico. I know he blamed himself for Percy's death. The boy had suffered from so much sadness and loneliness already. It pained me seeing him like this.

"Nico!" I said in shock.

"Come with me." He took my hand, he was panting with exhaustion.

"Where?" I asked. "Have you even slept or eaten lately?"

He ignored my second question and answered "The Underworld." He pulled me and then we sunk into the shadows.

Yes yes yes. Very short chapter. I know, and if there's any mis-typed words, blame auto-correct or me. I didn't have time re-checking lol. Because I was busy doing some...stuff. If you have any suggestions. Just PM me. Love y'all

-MiguelhugsXpunches