XVI: Mr. Scarecrow saves my life

Percy Jackson

It has been almost a week.

Almost a week since I've been traveling from Santa Monica to San Francisco.

Almost a week since I talked to a Nereid.

Almost a week since I've been running away from monsters.

Almost a week since I took a bath.

Luckily, thanks to my dad, I survived hunger in a week. If it hadn't been for the supplies they had given. I'd be thin as a twig.

I scanned my surroundings. If I didn't smell like dump and random monster goo, I'd enjoy my surroundings. To my left golden hills rolled inland dotted with lakes, woods and a few herds of cows. To my right, the flat lands of Berkeley and Oakland, and neighborhoods with several million people who probably didn't think that their morning were to be ruined by a filthy demigod.

Something about the view was familiar.

Shh shh

I turned around and ran for my life.

I sped my way through hills, constantly tripping, luckily no scars or injury, as the hissing gets louder and louder. I made the mistake of turning around when the heel of my foot, causing my shoe to pop open.

"Ow!" I can feel blood dripping from nose to my lips to my chin. I lay at my back my elbows digging the dirt. I felt my nose throbbing.

I took the food tray and threw it aiming at her head.

The good thing was: It hit her straight at her forehead. The bad news was: She kept coming forward.

"Perseus Jackson!"

That's when I saw her clearly. She would have been stunning if it weren't for blood red hissing snakes as strands of her hair.

"Let me guess" I grunted "More people wanting to kill me"

It lunged towards me. I shut my eyes bracing myself.

The hissing stopped. I didn't feel anything. Is this what dying feels like?

I opened my eyes to see a golden dagger impaled on it's chest right above me. It's eyes wide in surprise. It exploded to dust causing me to sneeze.

I turned around to see a life size scarecrow.

No. Just kidding. He was skinny, about 18 year-old with blonde hair, and crazed blue eyes and pale skin. He wore purple bed sheets-I think. A stuffed animal, which was odd, strapped to it's side. He stared at me with pure hate, in other words he just glared at me.

He scowled, "I don't suppose you want me to bless you know, Jackson" he sheathed his dagger and glared at me.

"wait. You know me?"

"Of course I-" he eyed me suspiciously and for a second there I could have sworn he smirked. He grinned and spread his arms "We've been looking for you!"

I know Octavian died. I decided to bring him back.

Jason: NO!

Octavian: YES! I have resurrected!

Frank: Everyone HATES you!

Octavian: What? No they don't.

Percy: You murdered my Panda Pillow Pet!

Leo: Oh no he didn't *snaps fingers forming a Z*

Nico: It's a pillow. It's a pet. It's a Pillow Pet!

Octavian: Oh shut up.

Vote&share!