XI: I am introduced to my name

Percy Jackson

It was a hot afternoon, I was at Ohio Avenue, my stomach started to feel like it's able to eat a horse. I wonder when my last meal was. I checked my pockets for some cash, the only thing that I found was a pen that had Anaklusmos, engraved in it, I didn't think it was important so I threw it in a nearby trash can. I checked my jacket, when I was about to zip it down when I noticed that I was wearing a necklace with four beads in total.

Whoever I was, I had a weird taste of accessories.

One was a black bead with a green trident. the second one was was a Golden ram, hanging from Pine tree, the third was a very detailed maze, and the last one looked like a the empire state building, I have no idea how I knew, with names like: Luke, Silena, Beckendorf, Michael, etc.

I stared at necklace for awhile and thought about what I'd seen beneath the DOA recording studios. The Underworld. Everything I saw was linked to Greek Mythology, Charon, Cerberus, River Styx. I stared at the green trident.

"Poseidon" I whispered.

A warm breeze from the sea hit me. I looked around, but no one seems to notice, teenage girls laughed as they sip from their coffee, business meetings occurred in Cafes, 10 year old rode their bikes, elderly walked hand in hand, I thought they were a sweet couple, but when I was close enough to hear they were yelling at each other.

I stuffed my hands in my pocket and started to follow the breeze.

I was now in front of a shack. I had no idea, but I had a hard time reading it. In a few minutes I made out: Cha Cha Chicken Caribbean Cuisine. It was cursive, has a sky blue background and white font. It has orange fences, and blue window frames and wooden plant holders. It was an open-setting with a funky vibe. The smell of chicken enchiladas, jerk chicken, Caribbean flavors blend in together. It made my stomach grumble. When I was about to turn around and go to the closest sea. I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." A girl said. "I didn't-" she stopped mid sentence.

She had frizzy curly red hair, she had orange freckles across her nose, and brown eyes. I was at least 2 inches taller than her. She had an athletic body, I'm no perv you little nasties, the kind of athletic that said If you touch me I'll stab you multiple times. She wasn't tan and she wasn't pale either. She was wearing a black, red sports bra with black leggings that end below her knees and a pair of black and white running shoes. Her curly red hair was pulled up in a ponytail and a pair of headphones hung around her neck and a towel on her shoulder, her forehead was covered in sweat like she'd been working out. She stared at me, a look that says she knows me.

"Percy?" She said.

I stared at her in confusion, and looked around thinking she was talking to someone else. "..who?"

She rolled her eyes, and wiped her forehead with her towel. "You, you imbecile. Your Percy Jackson."

I said something dumb like "Uh..." I didn't want to tell her I had amnesia. It just felt right.

"It's me. Nancy" she said, rapping her towel on her neck. "Nancy Bobofit"

Then familiarity hit me. I remembered my sixth grade school when I was twelve Yancy Academy. Me being put on probation. Pushing her on a fountain. Her dumping food on a student who was limped and had a serious case of Acne. Picking on a woman's purse.

Bullying bullying bullying.

"Agh" pain hit my head, like a thousand needles piercing my skull at once. I rubbed my temples.

"Your Nancy Bobofit" then I said the dumbest thing that would end my life "Your the kleptomaniac girl who used to bully me."

R.I.P. Perseus Jackson. Who can't keep his mouth shut. Well, eh, good luck to him.
So what's up, guys. The book okay so far? If you have any suggestions just private message me. :)
Keep reading. Don't forget to vote and share. ^w^

thank you so much for reading. :D

Miguel out.
HugsXpunches