X: DOA Recording Studios

Percy Jackson

When the deadly creature pounced at me. I thought I was going to be one of those Pedigree dog foods.

Boy I was wrong.

It leaped on me with excitement and their heads took turn licking me. I tried to ignore the monster spit all over my face.

WOOF!

Under different circumstances, I would have enjoyed the company of a pet dog. We would run around the park playing catch, would keep me company on rainy days (if I was alone, which I have no idea), or he would greet me from home every time I come home from school (assuming if I go to school). Assuming I'd make it out of here alive.

But being pounced on a hundred pound semi-transparent dog and pure-bred three headed rottweiler? I mean waking up in hell was unusual enough for me. So sure I don't mind.

I was lying on my back, as he started at me with his six black beady eyes, it's muzzle dripping saliva, it's hair is transparent and it's fur was black as coal. Then all their attention turned towards the red rubber ball I was holding. He woof-ed blissfully.

"Hey, um, boy" I greeted "You want this?" I raised the ball hoping the rottweiler won't chomp of my whole arm.

Woof!

"Come and get it!" As soon as I threw the ball he came chasing after it.

Three-headed dog that was twice the size of a mammoth, he guarded a gate. Then it dawned on me. The enormous three headed Rottweiler is Cerberus like the one on Greek Myth, and the gates he was guarding was not just any gate. It was a gate to the Underworld. For a moment, as three of Cerberus' head fought over the ball, I stood there frozen.

I pinched myself just to assure myself I was still alive. Ow! I didn't how I knew Greek Mythology, but I had to get out of here to find out.

I glanced back to the huge chasm. The one that lured me into it's demonic presence. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

The three-headed dog came back and dropped the ball at my feet and said I something like "good boy", we were like this for awhile, and I knew I couldn't stay forever.

"Good boy" my voice sounded melancholy."I- I will visit you soon." I promised

He whimpered, and gave me a heartbreaking bark. I gave him a sad smile. Surprisingly, I didn't hesitate and I wrapped my arms around his fuzzy neck. I patted three of the heads and started walking away.

I found myself at the shoreline of the Underworld. Craggy rocks and black volcanic sand stretched inland about a hundred yards to the base of a high stone wall. Instead of sparkling blue water, there were dark, oily river, swirling with bones, plastic dolls, soggy diplomas and other strange things. A few feet away from me was a wooden barge, filled with spirits who wore long black robe.

I walked towards them.

Okay. I know how dangerous it is to walk towards a boat filled with black robed people, but I assumed it was my only way out.

As the black robed people got off the wooden barge, the one poling them stared at me with shock, and where his eyes should have been... Where his eyes should have been.

"You shouldn't be here" Yeah. No kidding. But I figured it wasn't the smartest thing to do. He had a strange accent. British, I think.

So I said something more stupid "Your eyes" Instead of eyes, there were empty sockets, it was totally dark, full of night, death and despair. Which was strangely familiar.

"Now, lad. I give you my sincere gratitude for persuading Lord Hades to raise my pay" he told me "As a return I give you ride back to the mortal world."

"Lord wah?" He completely ignored my question.

"Come along, lad." He gestured for me to come, and so I did.

Mist curled off the filthy water. Above us, almost lost in the gloom was a ceiling of stalactites. Suddenly, I got lightheaded. We weren't going forward anymore, but up. When I looked the black robed dude, he was now wearing a creamy Italian suit, his skin was chocolate brown, his hair was military cut, and he wore to tortoiseshell shades.

I stared at him in surprise. "You're name is Chiron?"

He scowled at me. "We've been through this already. It's CARE-ON" .

"Been through what?" Before he got the chance to reply, the elevator dinged the door slid open.

We walked out of the elevator and entered a lobby. Muzak played softly on hidden speakers. Carpets and walls were steel gray. Cactuses grew in the corners. The furniture was black leather, like Cerberus' fur.

The thought of him upset me. He was probably alone miserable.

There were people, standing up, sitting on couches, looking out the window, and waiting for the elevator, when I focused on any one of them, they started looking transparent. I could see straight through their bodies.

I shivered.

Charon walked towards a security guard's desk, and looked at me. "Run along, lad, your friends are looking for you." With that, I walked out the lobby doors.

The video I added has no connection with the chapter, but WATCH IT. It's awesome.

Anyways, I couldn't resist updating, but I hope you keep supporting the book.

-hugsXpunches