XXVI: Jealousy be gone

Hazel Levesque

It's been 2 days.

Enough for the others to recover, and for Leo to be asleep in sleep land.

Everything felt like Percy and Annabeth were back in the Tartarus. Two of our most valuable crew members gone: Our son of the sea god, gods-know-where he is. Our daughter of Athena out of her mind. It left us all dumbfounded, all over again.

Just as Annabeth was coming back to her senses, as being our leader, and strategist. Our captain just had to pass out 2 days straight.

Curse the gods and their fates.

Thunder rumbled in a distance, as I watch Leo barely breathing.

Frank has changed him with nice clothes, which took a lot of pleading and death threats towards Frank.

Thank the gods that these past few days, Frank didn't act jealous around me watching Leo. He learned to appreciate the son of Hephaestus for his bravery. I appreciate him for that.

Leo almost look dead, you could've sworn that he was pulling a prank on you.

On the end of the giant war, Leo sacrificed his self to kill the Giant Gaea. A huge explosion occurred, and for days we searched for him.

When he came back with Calypso, the gorgeous titan who was trapped on the island Ogygia, Percy said. I couldn't help feeling a pang of jealousy.

No. I don't like Leo that way. I just couldn't help thinking that he was Sammy, my first boyfriend.

I felt guilty thinking of this. Frank is my boyfriend. Period. Sammy, is my past.

Leo's cabin was nothing like ours. His cabin was filled with screws and mechanic thingies for him to tinker with. The Archimedes shield hung on the wall and some other prize possessions of him. A single bronze light, lit the room just above Leo's head as if to say: I hope you have a great morning! Oh! Here! Have a bronze light blind you when you wake up! Such fun!

The others were now above deck, since we were close to the Sea of Monsters, the others were beginning to be very cautious of the ship's surrounding, since last time's incident, the ship wasn't in good shape. But with the help of Annabeth, the ship got a little touch with the intelligence of an Athena girl, who could barely walk.

The oars were fixed, and straightened up, the ballistae was in good shape to blast of monsters, the deck wasn't scorched and the sail was good. But from to time it would break down, and we were hoping Leo would wake up soon. Not because we need someone to fix the ship, but because he's our friend.

"No luck?" I turned around with Frank standing in the door way.

"Aren't you suppose to be guarding with the others?"

"Well, I couldn't stand there with you here all alone with this-" gesturing at Leo.

I smiled. Most girls would be annoyed by an overprotective boyfriend, but I just thought it was cute.

"Don't worry, Frank." I said, and glanced at Leo. "He won't be causing anu trouble with his condition."

Frank sat down at the end of the bed, and clamped his hand over mine, "I'm sorry."

I nodded.

After a few comfortable silence, I finally said. "You know, you don't have to be jealous of him."

I laughed at his expression, "me?!" He stuttered, "N-No I'm not. What are you talking about? I'm not- I'm not jealous!"

"Uh-huh."

I took my hand and laced his through mine, "You know, I love you" I started, "Sammy, was my boyfriend like 70 years ago. I admit," I took a deep breath, "he's my past, and he's a big part of my life. But you? You're different." I squeezed his hand, "you're the one who pulled me out of the past. You're Frank. Frank means, direct or something right? Well, you're my direction. Direction to the future."

I straightened and kissed his forehead.

Someone cleared his throat, we turned on the direction where the sound came from.

He made a gross sound from his throat, he groaned, and said with a hoarse voice, "Sorry to interrupt your lovey dovey time" he said a bit too weak with a hint of a playful tone, he groaned trying to sit up, "may I have some-" he coughed, "water?"

"Leo!"