XXIV: Flashbacks

Leo Valdez

They say when you die, your life flashes before you.

Well, I have almost died a lot of times now, and no such thing has happened.

Here's the scary part: It happened.

My mom, and I in her workshop in Houston. Me drawing the Argo II when I was younger (which was still, kind of, embarrassing). My days with Piper and Jason on Wilderness School, even though, some of it was an illusion. Me and the Seven. Capture the Flags. Bunker 9. Working on Festus.

But something else, complete struck my mind, something else that I wanted the most. I wanted to live in it and stay forever:

"Hey, Sunshine." I greeted, "Why you up so late?" sitting down, on the sand dunes, beside her.

We were at the long island beach. It was night out, midnight. From a distance harpies growl looking for troublemakers. I should be worrying about being a midnight snack, but I couldn't care less.

She scowled at me "Don't call me that."

I chuckled.

The view was gorgeous, sure the moon and sparkling stars reflecting the sparkling clean ocean is nice, but beside me was the gorgeous part.

From my right she was wearing an orange CHB t-shirt and a pair of jeans, her caramel braided hair braided on one said, inhaling the smell of cinnamon, her dark almond-shaped eyes reflecting the sparkling of the ocean, her milky face, glowing in the moonlight, her pouty lips forming a frown.

I notice her fingers tapping on the sand dunes. Morse code. 'I love you', over and over again.

A few days after we arrived at camp I taught her the Morse Code my mom and I used to do. She reminded me so much of my mom. Sure her hair was caramel braided hair and cinnamon smelled, my mom had black breaded hair with the smell of motor oil, Calypso's skin was milky white while my mom had brown mocha skin like Piper's. But the one thing they both had in common was the same warm feeling.

I replied, tapping my fingers 'you okay?'. She stopped.

"Hey!" I said, and took her face in my hands squishing her face, "Cinnamon hair! Turn that frown upside down and smile, will you?"

"Seriously," which sounded more like 'shiriyaslee', she shoved my hands away, "what is with the nicknames?!" She gave me her signature glare and turned back on viewing the ocean, frowning, as if nothing happened.

Usually, she would have strangled me like Annabeth would have done with Percy. She would have punched me, or hit me or something.

I frowned, "Calypso," I asked "what's wrong?"

She sighed, "I'm scared. I mean what if this is all a dream? It's just too good to be true" I listened, "what if I'm back in my cave asleep?" She looked at me, inches away from my face. I felt my heart being judo-flipped, "this-" waving at the view, "-reminds me of Ogygia-"

"Hey! You promised me you wouldn't mention that place again"

She ignored me and continued, "the world has changed, so so much, and- and I'm not even sure what is real anymore"

With that I kissed her.

From that moment, everything around me, didn't matter, the growling of the harpies, the faint lights of the cabins, the rustling in the woods, the sounds of the tiny waves of the ocean. The only thing that mattered was me and Calypso.

I pulled away, "does that look real to you?"

She shook her head, "No. It didn't look real," and she grinned, "It felt real"

She pecked me one more time, and stood up rubbing her jeans, "C'mon, fire boy," she held out her hand, "shall you accompany me to my cabin?"

"Nicknames, huh?" I smirked, "talk about being a hypocrite"

She rolled her eyes, "c'mon, Valdez"

Then it became dark, and a blinding light engulfed me.

HOHO HEHE HAHA. THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE YOU AWAY! :D

Okay so before anything. I just want to explain where the Hydra come from, and I didn't want to put it in this chapter because I didn't want to ruin the moment and I might forget to explain on the next chapter....again. So here it goes...

You know how Octavian, sent Percy to the Bermuda Triangle, because Octavian is a b*<%!. So now, they were on the way to the Sea of Monsters, and...again, I forgot to explain, because I forget things...a lot. That explains my studying.

So what do you guys think?

Leo, is u ded?

Lol. Maybe.

Or maybe not. :3

Comment DAM if you liked it. :D

Vote for more updates!

Share for...eh

HugsXpunches