XXII: We attempt murder

Jason Grace

"Where is he?!" Annabeth demanded, as me and Frank pinned Octavian to the wall outside of the Temple of Zeus.

I know what you're thinking. We shouldn't accuse someone without evidence. That's why we brought Argentum, and Aurum. Silver and Gold dogs with ruby red eyes. Why we brought them? Um, let's just say: They don't like liars.

Fauns, Lares and campers were forming a crowd around us. Whispering, something about strangling Octavian to death was a good thing.

Good thing Piper was here, since a year ago, her Charmspeak was getting more powerful, she could get a crowd of mortals to move a mountain for her, but, of course, she wouldn't do that.

"Nothing to see here. Go back to training, guys! Everything is under control." She said, with such power even I wanted to go training. I shook my head, snapping myself out of it.

"Hi, Hazel!" Don the Faun said, and waved at him, "Have any spare change?"

"No, Don, we're kind of busy here so please go away."

"Okay, Hazel!"

I scowled at Octavian, he's face drenched with sweat and he kept glancing at the liar-hating-dogs as if thinking if lying was worth it.

"Do I have to repeat myself again?!" Annabeth yelled, her nostrils flaring, "Where. Is. Perseus. Jackson?!"

She unsheathed Octavian's teddy bear dagger and placed it at his neck ready to slice his throat open.

Octavian yelped and glanced at Reyna, "You approve of this?!"

Reyna smiled, looking pleased. Octavian gulped as if knowing Reyna's answer. Annabeth pressed harder.

"Annabeth.." I tried to calm her down.

I know. Octavian is the enemy, he almost took Reyna's place as praetor, and threatened campers, maybe he happened to stumble across Percy and didn't even bother to inform us. But still, impaling him with a dagger is not cool. Besides, we have no idea what his reason is.

"Okay!" Octavian said, "I stumbled across Percy and sent him away far away from both camps!"

Okay. I guess we should impale him with a dagger.

The dogs snarled, and Annabeth cursed. She yanked Octavian out of our grasp. I thought she was going to impale Octavian's head, but she only took the hilt of Octavian's dagger and banged him in the side of his head, he crumpled to the floor. It was so fast the Octavian didn't even had the time to react.

Annabeth stomped her foot in frustration and yelled cursing at the gods. The sound of thunder rolled above us.

Her hands flew to her face, her face red with anger and frustration, "I was so close!" She croaked. I placed my hand on her back and glanced at Piper. I jutted my jaw at Annabeth, and she nodded.

"C'mon, Annabeth" she lead her away rubbing her back. "We'll find him, okay?"

And they faded in a distance.

Frank crouched down on Octavian's body. He has a knot on his forehead from Annabeth's blow, and with his pale skin and unmoving body he looked dead.

"What do we do with him?" Frank asked. Pointing at Octavian's body.

"We feed him to the wolves" Leo joked. He made a rar sound and clawed his hand.

We burst out laughing. Then I stopped.

It isn't right to laugh while Annabeth mourns on Percy's loss. It's just not right.

Everyone sensed the uncomfortable laughing and stared at me. I narrowed my eyes on Octavian and looked at the others.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

I know. Very short. We just started our school and, oh gods, so many assignments to do. I'm sorry, guys. I promised my parents and some friends that I'll study hard this year. Sorry mega much. But I'll update asap. K? See u soon.

HugsXpunches Miguel