XXI: Annabeth threatens a god

Percy Jackson

How did I happen to miss my flight? That black-winged horse happened.

It was evening when I was entering the airport, a horse trampled right in front of me. That wasn't the bad part yet. The bad part was I understood it. It called me Boss. As much as it flattered me, it terrified me.

Passengers ran around screaming and panicking. Well, who wouldn't? There was a horse stampeding on an airport, and I'm pretty sure they don't have stables for horses on a plane.

The worst part? I heard whispers. A voice carried by the wind. Something like that. I've been hearing it during the taxi ride. It demanded me to check my pocket, but I did not oblige.

Now, that the black-winged horse was running towards me with it's hooves. I decided to obey the creepy whispers.

I felt something getting warmer in my right front pocket. To my amazement, the pen I threw a week ago was still there, the bronze reflected the sunlight, making the words clearer. Anaklusmos.

"What the-"

I uncapped it, and three foot bronze sword almost impaled my face. I looked around me expecting people to notice, they didn't, as usual, some part of me wish I was as oblivious as them.

The horse was now two feet away from me. I didn't want to hurt the fellow but I was scared. So I swung my sword at it.

The horse ducked, and stared at me (I don't even know how I knew what kind of stare he was staring. Okay that's just confusing.) And gave me a hurt expression, as if to say: y u du dis? It whimpered.

I ran away as fast as I can, hearing police sirens from a distance. A few second the airport was nothing but blue and red lights.

Leo Valdez

"I was possessed!" Throwing my hands in exasperation, "How many times do I have to tell you?! P-O-S-E-S-T!"

From behind me, I heard Hazel stifle a laugh, "Uh, Leo? That's not how you spell possessed."

I blushed, and looked at Hazel, "Spelling isn't my number one priority right now" I turned my back facing Terminus.

In case you don't remember, I destroyed New Rome and almost started bloodshed between the Romans and Greek last summer. But, past is past, and, well, Terminus, the waist up statue with no arms wasn't a fan of past is past.

Terminus was the god of guarding lines or something. Our last encounter involved ballistae and a possessed Leo.

He made a sour face as if to cross his invisible arms. "you are not destroying my city again."

"Oh bo hoo!" I said and turned my back on him.

As Annabeth stormed pass me, bumping into my shoulder.

"Ow!" I said, rubbing my shoulder.

Annabeth pointed accusingly at the god, "Look, almighty, Terminus!" She glared at the statue, with her stormy grey eyes. "Perseus Jackson is missing! I have been out of my stupid mind trying to find him! I don't give a-" I covered my ears on that one "about your stupid laws and rules! You know it was an accident! You know he was possessed by and Eidolon and you have seen campers die from your very own stone eyes" she stiffened, she had tears in her eyes and bags under them like she was about to break down, but she made no sign of it.

Not all blondes are dumb and stupid, some are fearsome and menacing, I thought, the kind of girl who can handle a hyperactive Percy, and, sometimes, a Leo.

The statue kept quiet, and after a while he said, "No weapons. The ship has to be at least 5 miles from the boundary."

All of us stared at Annabeth in amazement. Then she did something we didn't expect, she hugged Terminus and thanked him.

"Aww" Piper said.

"Oh no, Piper" I said "Your Aphrodite side is showing"

Piper scowled and Jason chuckled with an arm around her.

I know what you're thinking. Isn't Piper afraid of Leo and Jason? Well, with my charms and awesomeness we reassured Piper that there's nothing to worry about, of course, she hit me a couple of times than hugged me and kissed Jason, for a long time. I had to turn completely on fire to get their attention. So yeah, we're cool.

I looked back as Annabeth pull herself away from Terminus, with a cold blooded look. Lucky for Annabeth, he didn't force her to measure every single grass in New Rome.

"We sail this thing-" Frank said

I cleared my throat, "This thing your referring to is a warship, it is a she" Festus creaked, "I mean a he."

Frank glared at me and continue, "and Jason can fly Piper, I can fly Leo-" I gulped recalling the last time I rode on Frank the eagle "and Nico, and Hazel can ride Arion with Annabeth" he suggested.

We all came into a silent agreement.

"Daughter of Athena" Terminus said, "I hope you succeed in finding your boyfriend" he smiled and with that, he blasted off the ship.

"AGHH!" and cursed. From below I saw Hazel and Annabeth laughing at my distress. It would have made me smile seeing Annabeth laugh for the first time, but I was too busy trying to stay alive.

I punched Frank's claw, as he flew to Camp Jupiter, the Berkeley hills stood below us, Nico hanging effortlessly on the other claw and managed a smile as I hang on to dear life.

I'm honored to make people laugh but this isn't what I had in mind.

I punched Franks claw in every word "Why-do-you-tor-ture-me?!"

Then I fell. I screamed and said words that will make my Tia wash my mouth with lava so it'd be free from germs.

Frank swooped down below me and caught me. Now, I was hanging at his beak, face to face with him. I screamed. He tilted his head making me fall, and I screamed again, he swooped below me and caught me. Now I was at his back as I shivered.

We landed on the field of Mars where Reyna was was waiting for us, her purple cloak flowing behind her, her eyes gleamed with anger, as if to say: Come near me and I'll impale you.

Frank transformed back into a Frank, and a Leo collapsed behind him. Jason and Piper landed beside us. I was no expert on love, but I could sense Reyna's uneasiness and jealousy to the daughter of Aphrodite but showed no sign, from behind the sound of Arion's hooves behind us, came to a stop.

"Hey, Leo" Frank chuckle, "you okay?" I scowled at him.

"Leo's condition is the least of our worries." Reyna said.

"Hey!"

Annabeth walked over, "what is?"

"Octavian has been away-"

"Which is good" I said

She glared at me, "He is acting suspicious. I saw him with bag of clothes and supplies"

"Rachel, said Percy was here in San Francisco" Hazel said "and Annabeth had a dream about him being here in San Francisco."

Jason glanced at Nico, "you should have blasted him far away enough last time" Nico smiled.

"Does it have anything to do with Percy's loss?" Annabeth asked hopefully.

"I don't mean to get your hopes up, Annabeth" Reyna said "But I think so."

A new book is up. Called ASK THE DAM DEMIGODS give it a read and comment DAM if you fancy it.

HugsXpunches