You

"YOU BITCH" I screamed, running into Art. All the students and the teacher whipped around.

Kevin smiled at me. "Whoaaaa. Who's that?"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, MR?? WHAT CLASS ARE YOU IN?!!! What's your name??!"

"My name's Scott. Scott Hoying. I'm in Choir."

"Well Mr. Hoying in Choir. What are you doing cursing in my class?"

"I'm here for him." I pointed at Kevin.

"Mr. Olusola? Do you know this guy?"

Kevin rolled his eyes. "Yes Mr. Berman. He's a little dinky in the head. You should really ignore him. I'm sorry for the ruckus. Please, go on. Excuse me."

He slipped up and pulled me out the door.

***

"What." Kevin spat, acting completely different.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!" I exploded. "HOW CAN YOU LIE STRAIGHT YO YOUR BOYFRIEND'S FACE?? WELL, EX BOYFRIEND NOW."

"Not really."

"WHAT?!"

"We didn't break up. Why would I? Unless..." He raised his eyebrows at me. "Unless someone wanna step in."

"I lost my best friend because of you!!!" I shrieked. "WHY ON EARTH WOULD I DATE YOU??"

"Come on babe." He ran his fingers through my hair. "Let's throw out classes. You wanna go to a motel? Or we can go to my house."

"Get off!" I pushed him away. "You tell Avi the truth right now or else."

"Or else, what?"

"Or else I'll connect my fist to your face."

Kevin laughed. "Well. So you're saying you don't want to be with me?"

"YES."

"Good." He smacked my face hard. I stumbled backward, surprised.

"Wha-"

"You think I really liked you?? I just stuck with you because you're the son of West Appleton. That's all." Then he laughed. "You actually believed me?"

"I..."

"You do know it's the same for Avi and all your other friends, right?"

"No.."

"Yes." Then Kevin hit my forehead with his finger  several times. "Cute. But not cute enough. Get used to it."

Then he just walked off.

I bit my lip hard until blood was shown.

I fell to the ground and cried.

I cried and cried until I felt a warm embrace cover me. I looked up to see a beautiful face looking down at me.

"....Mitch."

"I saw what happened."

I didn't say anything. Mitch patted my hair.

"Well I'm not like him. I'm with you because I really do like you. Please remember that."

"I can't believe anyone now."

"Then I'll make you believe." Mitch tilted my chin upwards and kissed me right on the lips. I blinked rapidly, trying to think straight.

The guy I really liked just kissed me.

He kissed me.

Really really kissed me.

What was I supposed to do?

Well there was only one thing I could do.

Kiss back.