Mitch Grassi

I ran to my Choir class in a hurry. I burst open the door.

No one was there.

I ran all around the building, getting strange looks from the students who got Kevin's text.

But I didn't care.

I ran and ran, until I saw him.

Mr. Howards was talking to Ben, out school senior student.

I pushed through and ran infront of Ben, Blocking Mr. H's view. He stared at me, startled.

"Mr. Hoying? What are you doing here?"

"....Can I see the Choir name list...?" I gasped. Mr. Howards frowned.

"What? Why?"

"Just...." I put my hand out.

Mr. Howards handed over the papers he was holding. I flipped through it until I saw the list of names.

".....Maddison Ellen.....Masie Collin.....Margaret Genson......." My eyes filled with tears.

"WHY ISN'T THERE MITCHELLE GRASSI???!" I screamed. Mr. H scowled.

"What? What are you talking about?"

I grabbed the man's shoulders desperately. "You know, right? You know Mitch Grassi, don't you? The guy who was late the first day of senior year? The little guy with the high voice and purple hair?"

"What guy? No one was late on the first day of senior year. And you think I'd let a student with purple hair just enter this school ground? I know all of my students but there are no such one named Mitch Grassi."

My head went blank.

What was going on?

Why didn't anyone know Mitch?

Was I really going crazy?

Just then I heard a click.

I looked and Ben was holding up his phone, smiling. "Oh you really are crazy. Kevin was right. Wait till Hotty Maldonado see this. She will never want to be with you again."

"No..." I whispered. "NO!!"

And I ran.

***

"MITTCCCHHH!!!" I yelled frantically. "MITCH!!"

I ran in and out the school gates hundereds of times. I ran to the oaktree just a few yards from my house.

Mitch wasn't there.

I ran back to school and just wandered around. A part of me wished and wished to see Mitch just run out of the school, calling my name like nothing had happened.

But another part wasn't sure to believe my sanity even if that really did happen.

This was just not right.

Everything was just not right.

Was I really insane, like everyone thought?

Was I really seeing things?

Then a thought popped into my head.

I ran.

I burst in the door. Everyone stared at me but I didn't care. My eyes were on one person.

My mother.

"Where is he....? Where's Mitch Grassi?!"

She stared at me. "What are you doing here? Do you know how-"

"WHERE IS HE?!"

"Mitch Grassi....Is dead."

My mouth hung open. I fell to the ground in shock.

This was just to much.

And when things were bad enough, vision went black.