Chapter 16

Chrissy's Point of view

Next week, we'll have an Acquaintance Party. I sighed. "Chrissy, please date me." A tall , tanned and good looking guy said then knelt down. Since this morning, many other boys did that but I answered 'no' to all of them. I sighed again. I turned my head left where I saw Alex and Crystal. Another sigh escaped my lips. "You've been sighing around." Daniel said as he poked my forehead. "Well, no shit sherlock." Loki chuckled. "Go to practice, Loki." Daniel commanded. "Nah. A cheerleader just texted and offered to cut practice time with me. Bye bros." He said then left. "Let's go home then." Daniel offered. I nodded.

When we got home, Daniel and I watched a football game while eating chocolate chips. West came running to us. "Hey small guy!" Daniel greeted his little brother as he messed with West's hair. "Come here, Cutie." I said as I opened my arms so I could hug West. Daniel hugged me instead. "Hey! You're not West." I said childishly. "But you said 'come here, cutie' did you not?" He clarified as he let me go. "Yeah." I did say that. "See? Now family hug." Daniel said hugging me and West at the same time. "You're such a weido." I teased as I hugged him back.

When Daniel went put to get more chocolate chips, West and I were left alone. "Isn't your Acquaintance party next week?" West asked as he looked up to me. I nodded. "I bet some guys asked you to go out with them or date them." He said as he rubbed his chin with his index finger and thumb. "Eh?" I was shocked because he was right. "You're right but I said 'no' to all of them." I told him. "Why?" He asked. "Why? I'm not sure why thou." I replied with a shrug. "Maybe you're waiting for someone to ask you but that someone hasn't ask, right?" Wow this kid is genius. "Eh. I guess." I shrugged again.

Dinner time was actually kind of awkward. It became awkward since Alex and Crystal got back together. Alex stares at mw which makes it very uncomfortable for me. I just started to avoid him when I found out that he was dating Crystal. Daniel's fork attacked my food. He stole a piece of chicken nugget. "Hey! Give that back." I sounded childish. He stuck his tongue out at me. I stole one of his then stuck my tongue at him. "When did you become best friends?" Alex asked with a raised brow. "Jealous?" Daniel asked with a raised brow. "Boys!" Martha called their attention. "Next next week all of ypu will help me right? You'll all model for me." She reminded us.

The next day, I was thinking about what West said last night. But who am I waiting for? Someone covered my eyes. "Who are you?" I calmly asked. "Guess." The voice said. "Daniel?" I asked. "No... I'm Alex." He said. Oh... I was wrong. "I'm sorry." I told him. "It's cool." He said with a smile but it looked like a sad smile. He walked away.

"Be my date." Sammuel said. "No." There it goes gain. My 'no'. "Please be my Acquaintance party date." I turned to see Daniel. Everyone was like "Wooh!" Is Daniel the one I was waiting for? "Yes." It slipped out of my mouth. "Ugh." The guys I turned down chorused. "Are you sure?" Alex asked. "Damn, she is." Daniel said. "I was asking Chrissy, not you so shut up." Alex pointed to Daniel when he said shut up. "Man, why are you jealous? You have Crystal, right? Leave Chrissy to me. You can't have it all. If you want Chrissy, grow a pair, break up with Crystal and see if you can beat me." Daniel spat out. Before fists come flying to faces, I pulled Daniel away from the scene. "You didn't have to fight over it. I already said yes to you didn't I?" I was trying to calm him. "Your mouth did but did your heart say yes too?" He asked. I was speechless at first which made him start to walk away. "No. I want to go with you, Daniel!" I screamed as I ran to hug him. All heads in the school's parking lot turned to us.

When the Acquaintance party day came, I was preparing in my room. I wore my black strapless dress that has hi low skirt and Silver glittered pumps. Martha applied the make up on my face then curled my hair. "You look gorgeous." She gasped.

"Wow! I can't find the best adjective to describe how you look." Daniel said as he looked me in the eye. I noticed that he had cute eyes. I can stare at them forever. I smiled at his compliment. Lot's of things happened in the party. Alex and Crystal broke up. They said it was mutual. Loki was chased by the girls he played. The cheerleader that he mentioned last week was one of the girls he played. Daniel and I didn't mind the events. We had the night of our lives. When it rained, Daniel amd I ran out to play under the rain. We danced, laughed and played.

The next day...

"Next time, don't play under the rain." Martha says as she gave Daniel and I medicine. "Achoo!" Daniel and I chorused. "I take that as a yes." She said as she chuckled at us.

Alex's Point of View

I think I'm too late. They're already that close. They had so much fun last night. Obviously, they click. Too bad.