Chapter 22

Chrissy's Point of View

When Graduation approached, Martha was so happy for us. "Congratulations, Chrissy." Alex said smiling at me. It isn't like before. The Alex I knew who cared for me like I was the world's best treasure, changed. He doesn't treat me like that anymore. I kniw that it is because of his condition but I can't take this any longer.

After graduation, I planned to tell Martha that I'll leave and be independent. "Martha, I-I-" I can't put my thoughts to words. "What is it Chrissy?" She asked with a smile. How can I tell her when she's smiling like that and expecting something good? Come on, Chrissy. You can do this. "I have decided. I will leave amd live independent." I finally spoke when I had enough courage. "Is it because of Daniel and Alex?" She asked with a worried tone. "No." I lied. "You're very good in cooking, taking care of West and other stuffs but not in lying." She said as she crosses her arms on her chest. "I'm sorry. I can't take this anymore. I feel like the bad luck in this family." I broke down to tears. "No. Chrissy, you are part of this family." She said while rubbing my back. "When I came, Daniel died. Alex almost died. Just please let me go. I don't want to bring more harm to this family." I told her as I was crying. "If you love us, you'll stay." She said as I was walking away. "That's why I'm doing this. I love this family. Thanks for everything." I said and went to my car.

I was crying as I drove away. I can use my parents' money to live independently. I bought a condo unit that is far from the Reid's residence. The view from my window is superb. I can sew the busy streets, cars, buildings and lights. I sighed. This is it. I'll finish college, work and be happy even on my own.

After a week of staying here, I still miss Martha and the Reid brothers. How is Alex doing now? Can he remember me now? I hope he recovers. I am the one who caused it. Somehow, I feel guilty. I got up to get ready. I made friends with the Owner of the cafe and I work there sometimes. When I got there, I immediately started to work. Greet the customer. Don't forget to smile. Get the order. Prepare the order. Serve. Get the payment then give the change. The people on my lane always leave tips because they said that they like the way I serve them.

The next day, before I went to the cafe, I checked my facebook account. It's Alex's Birthday today. I typed 'Happy Birthday :)' but I couldn't send it. The cafe was quiet. No customer yet. A guy wearing blue hoodie came. "Good Morning sir! Can I take-" I stopped my usual greeting when I realized who it was. "Alex..." I trailed off. Pursing my lips into a thin line as I sighed. "Oh Sorry for being rude. Can we start again?" He asked smiling the way he did before. "Hi Chrissy. I'm Alex Reid. I'm 19. It's my birthday today." He says opening his arms wide. He remembers me now. "And he rented the whole cafe for this." My friend, the owner said. I cried as I looked at him. Tears of Joy, I suppose. "You're crying again." Alex says while wiping my tears away. "I'm so sorry." I breathed. "Hey. It's my birthday not my funeral so why cry?" He joked. "I'm so sorry." I repeated. "Why don't you just come here and give me a hug?" He asked while grinning at me. I ran and hug him. "Caring for you, loving you and protecting you are three things I willingly did for you and if I ever get to pick, I'll choose to do it again." He said while rubbing my back.

"Why don't you take a break today?" The cafe owner suggested. "Can I?" I asked. "Sure." She said smiling at me. "Thanks." I grinned. Alex brought me back to the Reid's residence. Martha and the others are waiting. West was crying as he hugged me. "West, men don't cry." Loki teased his little brother. We had dinner. Everything felt back to normal. Somehow, we're happy. When supper was done, it was time for Alex to take me back to my condo unit. I promised Martha and the Reid brothers that I'll visit more. Alex hugged me before driving back to their house. I never had the chance to tell him I love him and I didn't have the chance to clarify if he feels the same. I dozed off to sleep after thinking about some things.

The next morning, I was still sleeping when I heard the doorbell rang. I stood up and walked groggily to see who it was. "Chrissy, gues what. I bought the condo unit, next to yours." Alex told me as he sheepishly smiled at me. I just hugged him. When we broke the hug, he excused himself to walk back to his condo unit. I watched him because I was a little bit of groggy. To my surprise, he ran back to me and hugged me tighter. That woke me up. "No matter where you go, I'll follow you. I'll watch after you. I'll take care of you. I loved you before. I love you now. I'll never get tired in doing it." With his words, my heart beat wildly in my chest. "To tell you the truth I've always loved you." I told him. "You do?" He asked smiling down at me. I nodded. "Crystal told me everything." I honestly said to him. "She did." He chuckled. "Yeah." I chuckled. "Chrissy Green, will you be my partner in crime, my home, my cheerleader, my only one and be with me to infinty and beyond? To sum it up, will you be my wife?" he asked. I chuckled a little. "Yes."

~~~~~~

Cliff hanger! Epilogue will be uploaded soon!

Love lots!