Chapter 20

Chrissy's Point of View

"Chrissy. Chrissy. Chrissy." That voice... It is Daniel's.

"Daniel!" I called out.

"Have you come to take me with you?" I asked as I hugged him.

"No, silly. I came to remind you that I want you to be happy. Move on." He said chuckling lightly.

I woke up after that. How can I possibly do that? I lost my parents then Daniel. Why? Who will I loss next? Martha? The rest of the Reid brothers?

I got up and went out to drink. I drove to a bar where I drowned myself with alcohol. The bartender allowed me to drink to my heart's content because I paid him. Taking sips and never minding the world. Getting drunk to forget. The effect kicking up.

Alex's Point of View

When I woke up, I checked Chrissy's room, only to find out that she's not there. Where could she have gone to? I searched around the house even in the neighborhood but I couldn't find her. I gave up went home. I couldn't sleep for I am worried. Waiting in the Living room for Chrissy's return while watching Cartoon Network. Why am I watching from Cartoon Network's channel? I, myself don't know why.

An hour later, I heard a car park in the Garage. I ran out to see Chrissy.  She got down and she began walking... I mean dancing as she went to me. She drove even she was drunk? "Y-you! Have you seen Daniel?!" She slurred. Up until now? "Chrissy, Daniel is gone remember? You have to accpet the fact." I told her. "N-no! He can't be! Mom! Dad! This boy is telling me that my boyfriend is gone!" She shouted. "Your mom and dad are dead too." I told her. "No! You're lying." She broke down. She started crying. "No! No! No!" She scramed over and over again. I don't want to see her like this anymore. I hugged her as tight at I could and let her cry till her heart's content. She even fell asleep, crying on me. "Why am I always the one catching you sleeping or crying? Are those signs for me to stay away?" I whispered.

The next week, we went to school with Chrissy who was experiencing hangover. Why? That day she came home drunk was the start. Tonight, I plan to follow her and stop her. I hope she listens thou. After school, we went home. I patiently waited for Chrissy to sneak out of the house. A few hours later when everyone was in deep sleep except for Chrissy and I, I heard her come down. When she left, I immediately followed.

In a bar, she drinks and dances wildly. That's what I've observed. "Hey! Let's go home, Chrissy." I told her. "Heck No!" She screamed as she danced. "Fine! Fine! Fine! Five more minutes." I surrendered. "Whatever." She continued to dance and drink. "Hey boy!" The bartender called out to me. "Yes?" I asked him. "Is that Chrissy girl your girl?" He asked as he was mixing some alcoholic beverages. "I wish..." I mumbled. "Oh. She's not?" He asked as he gave the drink to a guy sitting next to me. "Well... She's my little brother's girl." I told him. "Then why are you here? Shouldn't he be the one picking up his girlfriend?" He asked handing me cola. "He can't." I said sadly while looking down. "Why?" I heard the bartender ask. I looked up to him and sighed. "He's dead." I uttered. "Sorry to hear that." He simply said. "And that's the reason she drinks." I said looking to Chrissy's way. "You're such a good person. Stay with her until she heals." He said with a smile. But it's consuming me. It's like a torture. I just nodded.

Every night for a month now, I follow her to that bar and I talk to the bartender while watching Chrissy dance and drink. Why am I doing this? I love her. I don't want her to be harmed. I can never get tired loving her, caring for her, watching her and protecting her. I don't even know why either. Everything was fine except the fact that Chrissy drinks until this night, a guy came to her and tried to sexually harass her. Fortunately, I am here to protect her. The guy had friends thou.

Chrissy's Point of View

The friends of my harasser helped to beat Alex to pulp. I was screaming for them to stop but they didn't. One of them hit Alex with a beer bottle which shattered.. The other kicked Alex's side. One had a pocket knife which he used to stab Alex. Before they were caught by the police, they ran outside. Alex was bleeding on the floor and he was unconscious. When the ambulance came, we took Alex to the hospital. I called Martha.

Martha and the other boys came. When I told her the story, I was expecting to hear her shout at me and she's very angry at me but she wasn't. She was crying and she looked worried. "Are you okay? Were you hurt anywhere? You must have been scared. Where is that asshole who tried to harass you?! Where are those goons who attacked my son and daughter?!" She was angry after all but not at me. She was angry at those guys. "I'm so sorry." I felt so guilty. "It's not your fault sweetie. It's okay. Alex will be okay. Let's pray for him." She said comforting me. I nodded as I wiped my tears.

When the doctor came out... "He needs blood. He lost a lot." He said to us. Martha and Nathan immediately donated blood. "Oh God, you are the only powerful one who can control all and help Alex. Please forgive us. Forgive me for being like that. Thank you for the thing you gove that I take for granted. Please help Alex. Please heal him. I can't lose him. Please. Martha can't lose another son." I prayed whole-heartedly.

The next day, the police came and told us that they caught the guys who attacked Alex. Martha was so furious that she didn't forgive them. She even said that she was willing to pay just to get those guys in jail for a long period of time. Alex hasn't woke up yet. When the doctor came to check Alex's condition, he told us that therw is a poasibility that Alex may forget some parts or some sort of reqind his mind due to traumatic experience. His brain might want to forget the events.
The next day, I was alone with alex. Martha had to work. The boys went to school. "I'm sorry Alex. I didn't want to bring you harm. I only wanted to forget." I breathed as I cried. "Please fight. I lost my parents. I lost Daniel. Do I have to lose you too?" I tried to choke back the tears but they still fell from my eyes as if they had their own minds.

The night came, everyone was here. The night Alex woke up.