Chapter 18

Chrissy's Point of View

It's been a month since Daniel and I started to go out. Everyday, he gives me roses. Every Saturday, he takes me out. Every Friday night, we have movie marathons. Every Sunday, we go to Church together. Every Monday to Thursday night, we watch TV in my room after doing homework and studying. Today, he bought me a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolates. He even prepared a love letter. I don't care if you find it weird. I find it sweet and cute.

One night, when everyone was sleeping, I woke up, finding myself thirsty. I walked to the kitchen tp get some water. As I was drinking, Alex came in. He was drunk. It was like he drowned himself with alcoholic beverages. He passed out. Of course, I couldn't carry him so, I called Nathan. He carried Alex to his room. I walked back to my room. Alex has changed. Daniel changed. At first, Daniel was like the bad boy and Alex was the good boy but now they were the opposite. It was like they switched.

The next morning... "Do you really love my brother?" West asked. "Daniel? Yes." I smiled at him. "You two are cute but how about bro Alex?" He asked. "Bro Alex can fix everything with Crystal so it's okay." I told him. "But I heard Bro Alex say that he loves you." He explained. "Eh? Really? When?" I asked. "One time he walked into my room and told me." He told me the story.

When I went to mt bedroom, I asked myself 'What about Alex?'. But I'm happy with Daniel now. What will I do? I can't do anything for Alex.

The next day, Daniel and I went to school together as usual. My phone vibrated.

Tell Daniel that his father will come home tomorrow so all of you must excuse yourselves. Take care. XX ~Martha

I showed the message to Daniel. He scoffed. "If only mom knew..." He trailed off. "If only Aunt Martha knew what?" I asked him. "Nothing." He lied. "Actually, I think I already have an idea." I told myself. Based from what I heard between Nancy and Daniel's dad, I can conclude that they're having an affair. Is that what he knows too?

The next day, we are all waiting for Martha's husband. He came 40 minites after 11:00 AM. We all bonded and when dinner approached. We went to their family's favorite restaurant. While everyone was talking, I dropped my fork. I bent down to get it then I saw it. Under the table Martha's husband and Nacy are holding hands. What the hell is going on here? Daniel noticed that I was taking too long so he bent down as well. He saw it too.

"Mom, dad is cheating on you." Daniel told his mother. Every heads turned to look at him. "That man." Daniel pointed to his father. "That whore." He then pointed to Nancy. "They are having an affair." He finally said it."What?!" Martha was surprised. "I'm sorry Martha." That was Nancy. "I tried my best so they won't find out but..." She added. "What?" The sons and I asked. "Your father and I are the real couple. Martha is my best friend. They both loved to fool around. Your mother was pregnant back then when her boyfriend left. My boyfriend became your father. I gave him to your mother." She cried. "I'm sorry Nancy." Martha said. "Just what the hell is that?" Daniel asked before he walked out. I wasn't able to catch up. He was already driving away when I got out of the restaurant.

We went home due to that incident. When we got home, Daniel wasn't there yet. I looked for him outside but when I saw that his car wasn't in the garage, I realized maybe he needs time to be alone. Where could he be thou?

Daniel's Point of View

After the revelation, I'm just here in a bar getting drunk. I don't like it. A girl came up to me. "Hey." She was obviously trying to flirt with me but I didn't mind her. I love Chrissy. I'm just confused due to a family problem. My phone rang. "Where are you?" Chrissy asked when I answered. "I'm coming home." I slurred. I walked back to my car.

Chrissy's Point of View

"No! No! It can't be! There is no way!" I screamed.

"But it's true, Dear." Mother said.

"He's with us now. Daniel can only watch you but you won't see him." She added.

"Mom, he's alive so what are you saying?" I asked before running away.

"Chrissy! Chrissy! Chrissy!" I felt like I was being shaken by someone. I opened my eyes. "Daniel..." I smiled at him. "Chrissy, you know that I love you. When I leave, I want you to love again. Understood?" He told me. Tears fell from my eyes. "Why does it feel like I won't see you again?" I askes. "Because you won't. I love you. Remember that. I want you to be happy. Fall in love again if that's what it takes for you to be happy. I'm watching you. I'm with our creator and I saw youe parents there." He said then he disappeared.

"Why are you crying?" Alex asked as he entered my room. "He's gone." I told him. "Who?" He asked. "Daniel." I cried. "What?" He looked confused. "He said good bye to me." I said stilk crying. "It was just a dream." Alex said. "It felt real." I told him. Hiccuping as I voiced out the story.

A few minutes later, I received a phone call. Caller ID says Daniel. Maybe it was really a dream. I answered quickly. "Hello? Daniel?" I called out. "This is not Daniel. He was involved in an accident. I'm sorry but he's dead. He's in the hospital's morgue." The person on the other line said. "Sorry for your loss." He said beforw hanging up. Alex heard it too so we woke everyone and went to the morgue to identify and claim the body.