Chapter 21

Chrissy's Point of View

"Who are you?" Alex asked me. "Alex-" he cut me off by saying "How did you know my name?". "Why am I here? I was supposed to be watching a movie with my family. Where are they?" He looked confused. "Your in a hospital. Calm down. I'll call the doctor." I said and dashed out. The doctor checked Alex's condition. "Like I said before, his brain was traumatized. They hit him badly so this happened. Which part did he forget?" The Doctor explained. "Just the part I was in..." I said trailing off. "I see... Don't worry 'cause cases like his are not permanent. I must go and check my other patients." The doctor assured before he left.

I called Martha for her to come. She came running with the boys behind her. "Mom? What's going on?" Alex asked his mother. "Don't worry, my son. You're safe now." Martha said as she hugged Alex. I explained the details to Martha. "Oh my dear. I'm sorry to hear that he forgot you." Martha said with a sympathetic look.

When Alex was discharged out of the hospital, he still didn't know me. I don't want to force him to remember me. After all, I'm the reason he became like that. "Mom, Daniel never came to the hospital. He's not here too. Where is he?" Alex asked Martha. Martha stopped with what she was doing. That feeling of hurt came back to me. Bowing down my head to hide the tears. "He's not here. He went to Maldives." Martha lied. We can't just feed him the information. It's too much for him. "Oh... When will he come home?" He asked not remembering that Daniel is dead. I can't take it anymore. I ran out of the room.

The next day, I was sitting on the couch while watching a football game."Chrissy, I have to go. Oh and Alex haven't anything." Martha said before she speinted to her car outside. "Daniel likes watching football games too." Alex said as he sat next to me. "Yeah." I smiled trying not to look sad. "Do you want anything to eat?" I asked him. "Nah. I'm fine." He said. "Martha told me you haven't eaten breakfast." I told him. "Just wait here. I'll make you something." I said then I dashed to the kitchen.

I came back with a plate of pancakes and hot chocolate drink. "Your such a nice person." Alex said with a smile. I bowed down. He can still smile at me and say I'm nice even thou I was the reason he became like that. Maybe if I didn't come here, there won't be a bad luck that will take Daniel's life and Alex won't be like this. "Daniel likes pancakes too especially when they have chocolate chips." Alex said. Tears started to fall down from my eyes. "Hey. Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?" Alex looked worried. I shook my head not trusting my voice. "Then why are you crying?" He asked. "Nothing." I lied. "You can't just cry without a reason." He said. "I'm going back to my room." I told him.

That night, I was in front of his room dueling if I should knock or not. Raising my hand to knock and then pulling it back ten times in a row. I walked back to my room instead.

The day after that night I wanted to talk to Alex, we went to school without Alex. I saw Crystal leaning back on my locker. I approached her. "Hey Crystal. Do you need something?" I greeted her. "You know... I heard about what happened. Actually, everyone knows. Do you know why Alex was always there in the bar to watch you? Do you know why he got back with me? Do you know who is our topic when we're together? Do you know why he broke up with me?" She ranted. I shook my head. "First of all, Alex and I broke up last year. We decided to be just best friends. The day you came in his life, you already had him falling for you." She started. "What? Alex felt something for me?" I was confused. "Not just a thing, silly. Love. When he got back with me, it was a pretend to see if you're jealous. I kind of liked having him back so I tried to ignore the fact that he loves you and I did my best to extend the pretend dating but he still broke up with me." She told me. "What?" I asked. "Sorry." She said with a bow. "He wanted to be yours and he wanted you to be his but he was too late. You fell for Daniel. Alex just allowed you to do so because you were happy until Daniel died. Alex found out about you going to bars and getting drunk. He was there to make sure you were safe. That's what loving and taking care of you caused him. He was hurt." She explained. I never knew that. I was too blind to see.

After hearing those, the feelings I had for Alex before, came back. I loved him before but do I still do? My mind was running wild till I dozed off to dreamland. "It's okay for you to love Alex. You loved him before you loved me." It was Daniel. "He was always there for you." He told me with a smile. "You misunderstood some parts and was blinded. You thought you love only me but the truth is somewhere deep inside your heart, Alex had space." He was still smiling. "I'm setting you free." He said while smiling at me. I was in tears as I nodded.

Even thou I was sure about how I feel, I couldn't bring myself to tell him about it. I do not have the guts to tell him that I have always loved him in the times when he was hurting because he was loving me. I decided to wait for him to remember all and if he still loves me then it is meant to be but if it doesn't then it is not. A month passed but Alex couldn't still remember me. He finally went to school thou. The next day, we went to school. Only a few days left before school ends.