Prologue

Month: May

"Mom and Dad, I'll buy some coffee first. I'll be back in less than five minutes.'' I said forcing a smile.

There was no response.

"Okay. I'll go now.'' I said with a fake smile.

Still no response.

I slowly walked out of the room and closed the door lightly.

I was walking down the hall. All I could see were white walls, girls and boys that were in white holding clipboards. They greeted me good mornings with their smiles. Pity was clear in their tone. I greeted them back faking a smile and I'm pretty sure that they knew my smiles were fake.

Those people wearing white are nurses. I am in a hospital right now because my parents are in coma. The machines here are the only ones keeping them alive. 

I walked in the elevator and pressed 1 for 1st floor. Suddenly the elevator stopped which means there was a problem with the circuits that also means that the machines aren't working. Oh No! My Parents!

Tears streamed down my cheeks because I just lost them. What if I stayed there? They will be okay but no, I left them. 

Five Days ago....

"Do you like this pink T shirt?" Mom asked. "Yup.'' I said popping the 'p'. "Okay. We'll buy it." she said with a smile. "Thanks." I said hugging her.  "I like this for you." she said handing a black long sleeved dress. The top was body fit. The skirt part was short and not is not body fit. "Just try it. Please." she pleaded. "Okay. Okay" I breathed. I tried the dress on and it's not that bad. "Wow! You look good, Chrissy!" mom said cheerfully. "I think that dress will be good with these." she grinned and handed me a pair of  black ankle boots that had wedges. "With these.'' she added, handing me a  heart shaped locket and an ice watch. "You are a real Fashion designer, mom." I said cheerfully. "Yup. That's why I earn billions each Fashion line I make." she said with a shrug. "Is dad on his way?" I asked. "He said he'll meet us at our favorite resturant. He told me to order for him too and he'll be a little late because they took a short break and will resume the hearing in the court." she said with a shrug. My dad is a lawyer and he is one of the best. "Like always.'' I added then mom and I laughed.

"Mom, let's go to the Build-a-bear." I requested. "Sure." she said smiling. "What will you make?" she asked me. "A monkey." I said. "Why?" she asked. "A monkey is smart." I said with a shrug. "You?" I asked. "A rabbit for you." she said pinching my cheeks. 

After we built our stuffed toys, we placed the things we bought to my car. I drive my own car then mom will go with my dad later . We walked around, again. "Wow!" I was amazed by the black jacket that had a hoodie. I hast 'HOT' written in Pink at the back but still wow. "Do you like it?" Mom asked. "Yeah." I said with a nod. "COme on. Let's buy it." she said pulling me to the store. "She bought it. She's the best mom ever. "Mom!" I called her. "Yes?" she asked. "Have I told you that you are the best mom ever?" I asked. "Maybe. Billions of times." she said chuckling. 

We got to the restaurant and sat while we waited for the waiter. "Good Morning ma'ams. Can I take your order?" the waiter asked. "Ceasar Salad, Beef Straganoff and iced tea." I said politely "Mushroom soup, Pasta Primavera and Iced tea." Mom said. "Oh! And Garlic bread, Cajun seafood pasta and Iced tea. That will be all.'' she added. "Yes, ma'ams" the waiter said and left. 

"Dad!" I called as I saw my dad entering the restaurant. Then suddenly three men wearing black shoot my dad then turned to my mom and shot herOther people  were running to save their selves. "Go." mom breathed. I sprinted out of that place and ran to my car.

Back to present

"Condolence."

"Sorry for your lost."

"Everything will be okay."

Many people tried to comfort me but still tears spilled on their own. I am now wearing the black dress mom bought for me with the locket, boots and watch. I opened the locket and it made me cry even more. There was a message that says "Yoou are always loved -Mom and Dad" 

After the funeral, the police arrived at my house.

"Ma'am, your mother's best friend volunteered to take care of you. The key of your dad's car was missing and so is the car. Do you have any mark on that car?" the police man said as he crossed his arms around his chest. "When I was ten years old....... I was playing with my clay then an idea came to me. I placed some clay at some parts of the car. Not in the obvious parts of course." I said as I remembered that I placed clay at his car and I was not caught. "And why did you do that?" the police man asked. "Well, in case I get lost or someone says my dad told them to bring me to him and they used his car I would know." I said with a shrug. "What a smart child!" the police man said looking amazed. "Sir, Mrs. Reid is already here." one of the police man said. "Let her come in here." the police man I was talking to said. "Yes, sir!" the other one said, saluted then left. A woman that looked like the same age as my mom entered. "Hi Ms. Green!" she greeted then hugged me. I hugged her back. Well, what can I say? I'm a sweet child. "Hi Mrs.  Reid." I greeted back politely. "Just call me Martha." she said smiling. "Okay. I would like to be called Chrissy." I said smiling a little. "Okay." she said smiling. "When are we going to California?" I asked. "Tomorrow. Do you want me to help you pack your things?" she asked. "Sure. That would be helpful. Thanks." I said smiling. I will try my best to be happy cause I know that my parents want me to be happy. "Ms. Green, we'll go now." the police man that I talked to a while a go said. "Okay. Thanks." I said giving them a smile.