~Naughty~ 17

Kales P.O.V.

When I pull up to Adis house Tristin comes running out with one shoe on and trips over a huge stick.   " Ouch! Stupid stick." He picks the stick up and attempts to throw it across the yard. When it only falls a few feet in front of him, he gets mad and picks it up and throws it again. He finally gets over to the stupid stick issue and runs over to me as I lean against the car. " Unce Kale! Uncle Kale! Where's Kalise?"

I look down at his feet and laugh. " Where's your other shoe?" I bend down and pick the little guy up and rub his head." Kalise is at home. You just saw her the other day buddy."

He puts his arms around my neck and squeezes. " Well... I miss her already. Mommy says that you like Kalise. Does that mean that you want to marry her?" He jumps out of my arms and starts running around in circles. " Uncle Kale wants to marry Kalise."

I grab him by the head to make him stop running. " Woah there buddy. Don't rush things for me." I laugh as he crosses his little arms. " Where's your mother?"

He takes his little hand and points at the front door. " Inside making lunch." He grabs my hand and starts pulling me to the door. " What are we doing today uncle Kale? Are we going swimming?"

I walk into the house make my way to the kitchen to see Adi pulling a Pizza out of the oven. " Sorry buddy... but I'm only staying for a little bit to help your mommy with a few things."

Tristin stomps his tiny foot and puts out the pouty look that he learned from me. " I'm bored uncle Kale."

Adi pats Tristin on the butt and smiles at him. " You and that pouty lip. I'll take you swimming after uncle Kale leaves. Now why don't you go play until the food cools off."

Tristin smiles and then looks at me. " The pouty lip does work uncle Kale." He winks at me and runs away.

Adi crosses her arms and looks at me. " So.. he gets that from you? I knew it seemed a little to familair. He takes way to much after you."

I lean up against the counter and grab a slice of hot pizza. " You say that like it's a bad thing." I go to take a bite like an idiot and burn my tongue." Dammit!"

Adi walks over and grabs the pizza out of my hand. " So to answer your question." She points down at the steaming slice of pizza.

I smile at her and laugh. " Ok... I get it, but at least I'm way better than his piece of shit father."

Adi gives me that look that she always get when I bring up Bret. " Yeah.. well I guess he had another family to take care of. I would rather not think about him and how he left us for his secret family that he hid behind my back for three years."

I walk over and put my arms around her. " I'm sorry Adi. It just angers me to think about that jerk not being in Tristins life. He deserves better."

She pulls away and wipes the tear out of her eye. " Well that's why I have to work extra hard to make sure he gets everything that he needs."

I look over at the door when I hear Tristin run by. " He's a good kid and you give him everything he needs and more. What he needs is for you to spend more time home and not always at the office." I walk over and look her in the eye. " I will always help you if you need it. I may be your baby brother but I can still help you out. I make enough money to support more than just myself."

She smiles and hands over my slice of pizza. " I know Kale. I just.. I don't know. I guess I feel like I shouldn't have to ask for help. I want to be able to say I made it without that jerk."