Fifteen

Ema:

I can't believe this is happening I wasn't even the one that kissed Brandon he literally pulled me towards him when I wanted him to let go.

It's two in the morning and he isn't back yet. I can't sleep until I know he's okay. Someone opened the door. "Ema honey Jake says he's at the gang house and he's sleeping there so you don't need to worry. He said you should go to sleep since you have school tomorrow and that he'll see you at school" I nod and go to sleep.
_________________________

Jake:

I decided to sleep at the gang house since I was still angry and I didn't want anyone to see me beating the crap out of something again.

The next day I changed clothes and brushed my teeth, I drove home so I could take them to school. I picked them up and Ema sat next to me. It felt akward but I didn't say anything.

"Did you two fight or something?" Andrew asks. We don't answer and keep looking towards the front. "They probably did" Alex says laughing. we get to the school.

I get off the car and walk to my locker.

I guess no one has noticed we're broken up. "Hey man" I look over my shoulder and see Elliot, Mathew, Calum and Sara are all standing there with worried looks. "So I saw you and Ema didn't come holding hand and all in love" I sigh. "Yea um me and Ema are not together right now we're okay but I can't with all the things that are going on in my life" they nod but I can still see they are worried. "Hey guys what are you talking about" Ema walks towards us. "I just broke the news, they're a little disappointed" her expression changes to a sad one. "I am to" she walks away and towards class. I follow since we have the same class.

By lunch word has spread and a lot of girls start flirting again. I just ignore it and sit at our table. "Hey guys" they smile and continue with their previous conversations. Then Ema sits with Abigail next to her an soon a lot of people start to stare. "Hey" "hey". I smile at her an she does the same. "You guys seem awfully cool for just having broke up" I look at Elliot who is smiling like an idiot at us. "Can't we be, the break up was just a temporary thing it's for a while as soon as we can and if we want to, it's still not certain, we will get back together but for the time being she can go out or date whoever she wants" he nods and keeps eating.

Everyone at school just kept staring at us the whole day and when we went home it was even worse mom, uncle Jared and aunt Marisa found out so I was bombarded with questions I didn't really want to answer. After finishing my homework in the gym I put on my headphones and started punching away.

Then someone touches my shoulder and I end up flipping them making the person land on his or her back then I notice it was Elliot.

"What are you doing here I told you not to sneak up on me" he rolls his eyes. "I didn't sneak up on you I never have not even when your asleep you knew I was there and still threw me on the floor". I laugh. "Yea sorry" I smile at him and sit down next to him on the floor"

"So why you punching that thing" I sigh. "I don't know I was thinking". He nods and doesn't say a thing. Then everyone come downstairs.

"What are you guys doing here?". Sara sits next to me. "We came to practice, remember today I told you about this we were also going to show Ema how to protect herself" I nod. "Fine but if anyone gets hurt you're the one that's gonna call your mom" she nods and smiles walking to another corner of the room.

"So what should we do first?" Sara stands in-front of me. "Hand to hand combat" I nod and we get on our positions. Then after a while we begin to fight. Sara attempts to punch me but I dodge and punch her stomach. She falls back making it the perfect time for me to flip her over and make her fall on the floor. She tried to make me fall by hiring my legs but instead I just stood there as she tried her best and failed. Then we stop fighting and Sara gets up from the floor mad.

"You know you could have let me win" I laugh. "You know me better than that babe so don't try to make me fight you again". She nods understanding what it could mean for her.

"Okay now Ema since I don't really feel like fighting without a challenge why don't you fight Alex since he is the weakest one. "Are you saying I couldn't even give you a challenge?" She asks me surprised but I just nod. "Okay the. Let's do this one round and if I loose you consider me the weakest but if I win you have to let me explain what happened yesterday and apologize for callings weak" I nod. "Okay then let's begin"

We got to out places. We start the fight. i was expecting her to throw the first punch but she didn't she was even more patient than me. I ended up throwing the first punch witch she dodged use my own force against me by flipping me on to the floor.

"Aren't you sorry now that you where wrong" she smiles evilly. "Nope not sorry" I flip us over and now she's the one laying on the floor and me on top of her. "Nope never gonna win against me nice try you're good" she nods as I step away. Why does everything she do make me lo... I mean like her more.

Next day 1:30pm school

I hear someone running towards me but I don't really pay attention to it. "Jake!" I turn around and see Elliot running towards me. "What's wrong?" he takes a dead breath and looks at me feeling sorry. "They took Ema" as soon as I heard that I was running for the doors and towards my car.