Twentysix

Jake:

As I woke up today, feeling better than I have in the past few weeks, I got ready for school. I made breakfast for everyone and ate mine. Then I sat to wait for everyone to wake up and get ready so we could leave.

"Morning". Everyone says sitting down to eat. "Morning" I say back. Ema goes upstairs to look for her bag and phone. I take my meds.

I've been taking so long now it's become a daily thing. They're antidepressants. I know I seem like a mentally healthy person for all I've been through but I'm not and what happened yesterday proved that. My depression is one of the reasons why I'm distant and distracted some times.

"Are you guys done?" I ask waiting so we can finally leave for school. They all nod and we leave. My phone rings and I answer, putting my phone to my ear, driving out of the neighborhood.

"Hello?" I said still driving. "Boss we wanted to let you know, the gang that was trying to attack has started attempts against out younger guys. Last night one of our recruits, from two years ago, named Leo was shot in the arm while he was getting in his car" I sigh driving into the school parking. "Okay, I'll see you in half an hour".

"What's up?" Ema asks unbuckling her seatbelt. "You guys go I have to handle some things first" she nods giving me a kiss on the cheek. After I drove to the gang house to work out a plan.

Ema:

After Jake dropped us off at school he left, saying he had to take care of some things. "Hi Abigail said walking towards me. "Hey" I say still not focusing on anything but my thought on what Jake is doing.

"What's up, is something wrong?" I shake my head. "No, I'm fine" I smile but I'm still not really focusing on what she's saying and thinking of Jake. I hope everything is okay.

Jake:

When I got to the gang house everyone was waiting for me, standing in different corners and talking amongst themselves. I walked into my office to find the guys who called me and Leo sitting there waiting for me.

"What exactly happened?" I say looking at Leo. "Well sir I was walking out to my car and got shot out of nowhere". I nod. "I'm guessing it was a warning since they didn't kill him". I nod. "You can go now. Where's Jared?" I say about to hit something. "He's on his way sir" I nod and tell him to leave.

I grab my phone to check a message that Ema sent.

Ema: You okay?

Me:yea I'm fine, aren't you supposed to be in class?

Ema: I am

Me: Pay attention and call me after.

Ema: Okay, bye. :)

I put my phone on the desk just as the door opened. "Good you're here" uncle Jared nods. "I'm sorry for taking you out of work all of a sudden, but we have a problem" he nods. "So what are you going to do?" I sigh. "I don't know. We shouldn't act just yet, we should wait to see what they do. If they attack again I will take action. You can kill them all, for all I care, if they attack. For now we should wait. Just everyone I force security and stay concentrated on your stations. And the shipment being brought tomorrow send two of the best we got just in case". Uncle Jared nods. "You know at some point you will have to give the orders directly"

"I know but right now I'm not, mentally, ready for it. I still haven't earned their trust and my meds are increasing in doses. My stress levels are to high to be talking to a bunch of imbeciles that don't respect me unless I threaten to blow someone's brains out" I sigh. "I thought you had finally stoped taking them. What happened?"

"I don't know anymore my brain doesn't want to work with me anymore. I have so many things to think about and I really don't want to talk about it. By the way I need another phone, what if the police finds out I might get caught" he nods.

"How's your mom doing?" I shrug. "Well she's still a bit upset but she's doing better" he nods. "I'll se you later kid" he leaves and at that exact moment my phone rings.

"Hey babe" I answered trying to sound as happy as I could. "I'm not interrupting anything am I?"

"No no, I'm just here alone, I just got out of a meeting" I say feeling calmer talking to her. "Oh good does that mean you will be coming for afternoon classes?" I sigh. "Maybe I have to check if there's anything else but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to"

"Okay love you bye" she said and I of course replied with an 'I love you to'

After making sure there was no more work left, I went to school. I arrived at lunch so I went straight to the cafeteria and to our table. "Hey guys" I say sitting down next to Ema and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Did you eat already?" I nod. "Ah okay" she smiles and continued to eat.

"Jake can we talk after school?" Elliot says and I nod. "Ema you go home early I'm going over to Elliot's house" she nods and kept looking at something on her phone while eating fries.

After school Ema drove home with the twins and I went to Elliot's house. After saying hello only to his mother, because his dad was still at work he works at the company, we went to his room.

"So what happened?" I threw my self on his bed. "What?" He looks at me angry, which makes me sit up scared he might attack me at any moment. "He sighs letting go of a bit of his frustration, caused by yours truly. "Instead of pretending you don't know tell me. You haven't eaten anything since this morning I can't tell. You seem more tired every time I see you. So tell me what the fuck is wrong before I punch you!" He says almost screaming. "I'm fine, seriously, I just have a lot on my mind. The meds increased in dose again, so I'm a bit tired from the side effects. This morning I ate breakfast and it didn't even try to stay down. I wasn't sleeping, you know that I finally did last night. And you know the rest. So here I am having a mental breakdown".

"Wouldn't It be better if you told people instead of keeping it to yourself?" He asks sitting down next to me. "I don't know" I throw my self back on the bed. "Well while you figure that out, mom said to stay for dinner" I nod. "Can I stay over I don't feel like going home right now?" He nods.

After dinner Elliot asked his parents if I could stay over. They agreed. I called home to tell mom and Ema. And here I am lying on on side of his bed thinking about tomorrow.

Ema:

Yesterday Jake decided to stay over at Elliot's house so I couldn't talk to him. When I arrived he was getting out of Elliot's car. I walked up to him he smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Hey" he seemed happy today. "Hey"

He walked ahead of me and Elliot saying he had to get his things for class and he practically ran inside. After getting my things I walked to class and sat next to Jake's seat but Jake never came in making me very worried about him.