Nonsense

Fluttering my eyes, the sun burns through the half closed shade and straight into my eyes. The bed around me is slightly chilling and my blonde hair is sticking to my face. Oh how my body aches with joy and pain all at the same time. I go to find him beside me, to look straight into his deep blue eyes and realize that we just reconnected on the greatest of levels...but the only thing staring into my eyes is that damn Dalmatian of his. The dog slowly scoots closer to me and his tongue slowly peeks out of his mouth and licks my face. It's irritating. Was last night a one night stand or did he actually mean what he said? Pouring my hands over my face, I can't believe that I fell for such garbage last night!! I mean seriously! Am I that big of a fool to think that...

"Oh yer up...good." His rugged body stands in the doorway, shirtless and holding a tray of food. I slowly and sadly sit up as I realize that I assumed the worst of the man I have always loved. Traipsing over to me, he sets the food tray on the nightstand and leans down to kiss me, but Huck, sneaks in and takes the prize. "Damnit Huck! Out!"

Wiping his mouth off of the puppy kiss, I laugh as the poor dog jumps off the bed happily and runs out the door. Looking back at me, irritation still on his face, it slowly melts away as he gleams into my eyes. Leaning forward once more, he kisses me gently upon my lips. Butterflies flit in my stomach and my heart palpitates faster in my chest. Gently grasping the sides of his face, I bring him closer to me and kiss his longer and sweeter. I love his taste. I love him.

"Watch that cast...it stinks." He says seriously and then laughs his ass off. He's such an ass, but he does it so he hides his sweet side. "You hungry?"

"Starving...I didn't really eat dinner last night." Shaking his head from side to side, he places the tray on my lap and I smile at his attempt to make a smiley face out of eggs, bacon, and toast. It's not really a smiley face though because the bacon eyebrows slide on the plate and made it look angry. "Haha is that how you feel?"

"Shit...haha that's not right. Let me just hide the evidence." Taking the bacon he shoves it in his mouth and starts smiling from ear to ear. I don't remember him smiling this much when we were first seeing each other. Maybe it's because now he's an actual adult who sort of knows what he wants.

"Thank you." I peck his cheek and his face reddens. He's embarrassed? Why?

"Are you okay?" Why is he asking that?

"Yeah, why?" Looking at his face ashen, I know what he means now. "Oh...yeah, I guess. It's not really a big deal."

"Beth..." He's about to light into me, but he knows better than to ruin our moment. "Are the eggs okay?"

"Yes."

"That's good. Um, so...uh...."

"Daryl this is me. You can relax okay. Before you give yerself a heart attack." I rub his arm and he just looks at my petit hand on his. It's been five years since he's felt anything like this I know. It's strange to be back like this, but you never forget the feeling of your first love's touch. The way they make you feel so infinite and safe. The warmth of their skin is like the sun and when it goes away it's taking a step back into the cold darkness. The first time they say 'I love you' is the first time everything stops. Your breathing is light and you feel like you're floating. It soon becomes oxygen in your lungs and when they stop saying it- you never recover. "Daryl, I..."

"Seriously?" Shit. Looking to the doorway, Jesus is standing in the doorway and now he looks pissed. Daryl stands up and I cover myself more with the sheet. "What the fuck?"

"Jesus..."

"Paul- get out." Daryl says and Jesus glares between both of us and I feel terrible.

"No, this isn't right! You went on a date with me and then you turn around and sleep with him? Fucking cunt."

***

That's it. I had enough of his mouth. Going to him I shove my half brother back through the door and he throws a punch.

"Daryl!" Beth yells as Paul and I tumble down the stairs. We beat the shit out of each other all the way to the bottom. I hate that he thinks he has something with Beth. I refuse to let him speak to her in that manner. At the bottom of the stairs I'm on top of him and he's pinned to the ground.

"You speak to her like that again and I'll fuckin' end yer life." I release him and stand up. Getting to his feet, his eyes go up the stairs and at the top we find Beth clutching the sheet around her and her face full of worry and guilt. "Next time fuckin' knock."

I shove Paul to the door and I shut it behind him. Going back up the stairs, my whole body hurts and Beth just looks worried.

"Are you okay?"

"Fine. Come on." I don't mean to shut her out, but I too am a little pissed about last night- mainly the part where she goes out with Paul. "You can borrow some clothes."

"Daryl..."

"What?" I turn with a jerk and she jumps a bit. It's sad that she is so frightened. Then again I always was an asshole. She starts letting tears pop up in her face and I feel shittier than I did before. "I'm sorry. Come here."

I need to learn how to be nicer...for her.