16th

Chapter Sixteen

"What's wrong?" Jason asked as he studied my worried expression.

"My mom is coming back to Florida,"

His eyes grew wide at this.

"When?"

"Her flight is within an hour or something from now and she'll be here in Florida tomorrow by 2," I said.

I stood at my place for a few minutes trying to think.

Then I shook my head and walked towards my wardrobe.

I pulled out my clothes and threw them on the bed.

"What are you doing?" Jason asked.

"Packing,"

"Why?" He frowned.

"Because I can't stay here while my mom is at home,"

He seemed to think for a while.

"But you can't stay without the vampires around you. Who will save you from the shadows?"

"This," I said pointing towards the pendant around my neck.

"I don't trust this thing at all," He said rolling his eyes.

"I do," I said.

I was done packing within an hour and Jason guided me to the hall. I still didn't remember the way to get there or anywhere in the whole estate.

We were now in the hall waiting for everyone to come. Jason had already told everyone about my 'departure' while I was packing.

Alex first hesitated as we had became nice friends past few days but he had to agree as there was no other choice.

Alex and Jack entered the large hall from the from front door laughing and high fiving each other. I thought they must be somewhere out. Then I heard footsteps from the stairs. I looked over and saw Marcus and Drake climbing down the stairs.

They both smiled at me and I smiled back.

Alex and Jack were now standing beside Marcus and Drake.

I had always hated good-byes. It was the most awkward moment when you stare dumbly at each other and don't know what to say.

"So looks like its time now," I finally said.

Alex stepped forward and suddenly hugged me. "I'll miss you," He said.

I was shocked for some time but then I hugged him back. "I'll miss you too Alex," I said as he released me.

"You will come here anytime you want whenever problem knocks you door. Right?" Marcus said. But it didn't look like a question. It was an order but I still nodded.

Marcus smiled at me.

'God! They were so sweet and caring. Were they even vampires?' I thought.

"You haven't seen our evil side yet," Jason said.

My head snapped in his direction. He read my thoughts again. Everyone looked at us in confusion.

I wanted to start the fight with him again about not reading my thoughts but this was not the right time. I needed to get home as soon as I could.

So I decided to not bring it up for that time and said," I'll miss all of you," I said smiling.

Drake and Jack smiled.

*

I waved my hand as a goodbye towards everyone as Jason started the engine.

We were out of the estate and I shifted my gaze towards him. I stared him narrowed eyes.