20th

A/N

Please do play the song described in this chapter while reading the prom part!

Enjoy!

Chapter Twenty

I turned around hearing footsteps coming towards me.

There was no one. All I could see was trees in the dark. I looked for someone behind the trees titlting my head but there was no one.

Maybe I'm imagining things. I shook my head and decided to go back to the hall.

I turned and as I looked up I admit I jumped looking at the figure standing infront of me staring down at me.

I froze at my spot.

I looked at his face and he was looking at me and it was difficult to judge his expression. He had a smug look on.

His lips pressed into a thin line. I knew he wanted to say something but he also knew that he didn't had a chance to explain. I wouldn't let him.

I accepted that he is gone and now he shows up after a month.

I don't need him anymore.

I took a few steps back.

He looked at me his jaw tightened.

He opened his mouth but before he could say something I shook my head at him and turned away making my way towards God knows where. The hall was opposite where I was going but he had blocked my way to the hall.

I was walking, actually running away from him. A hand grabbed my arm pulling me backwards and twisting my whole body on my toes making me fall in his direction. My face landed on his chest.

He wrapped his arms around me so tightly that I couldn't even move. I tried to look up to him but I just couldn't.

After several attempts I decided to let it go. After all it felt nice. Being in his arms. I buried my face in his chest.

He was back!

I was happy and I was angry with him too. I was so mixed up in my emotions that a tear rolled down my cheek. I took a deep breath which almost sounded like a sob and breathed in his fresh scent.

He seemed to know that I was crying as he brought his one hand to my face soothing down my cheek and wiping away my tears in in the process.

He loosened his grip on me.

I didn't want that. I wanted to stay like that. But I didn't trust him anymore. What the hell does he think of himself?

He left me and now he is back. He hugged me without giving an explanation. I'm not his puppet.

What the hell does he think of me?

I do have feelings but for him. No. I did have feelings for him a month ago. But not anymore. Not after he thinks I'm a toy that he can hurt anytime and then say sorry and hug it.

I felt a sudden pang of anger inside me. I placed my palms on his chest and pushed him back away from me with as much force as I could.

Although it didn't show much effect on him but he looked taken aback.

Shit!

This was the worst moment of my life. He looked me straight in the eye and his eyes held disappointment.

I broke the contact as I looked towards the ground.

"Just go away," I whispered and I found my voice shaky. I could not hold the large lump forming in my throat and I started crying again.