Past.

"(Y/N), are you sure about this?" Her friend Sarah asks her. Seth didn't mean to be eavesdropping but he sensed he was the subject of their conversation, so it was stronger than him. He isn't seeing (Y/N)'s face but he can tell she probably just pulled a face, which was confirmed when Sarah starts speaking again. "It's your life, I know that, but I just want you to be careful."

"I'm careful, Sarah. I don't know where you're headed with this conversation." (Y/N) replies, sounding annoyed with the whole subject.

"He's not who he wants you to think he is." Sarah shoots. "And I'm not the only one who thinks the same thing..." She adds. She's using (Y/N)'s friends and family to get her against him. (Y/N) doesn't say anything for a few seconds, completely shocked with her friend's lack of shame.

"How do you even know that, Sarah? You don't even know him, nor did you give him a fucking chance." (Y/N) snaps angrily.

"His past, (Y/N) ... I know, and well, pretty much everyone knows, about his cheating scandal... oh and the nudes scandal..." She says sarcastically, venom filling her voice.

Seth isn't seeing her face nor her reaction, so he decides he's heard enough and leaves, very disappointed and heartbroken when his girlfriend doesn't stick out for him.

"Key word there being 'past', okay Sarah?" (Y/N) snaps, right after Seth left.

"Fine, do what you want. But when he breaks your heart don't come to me." And with that, Sarah leaves (Y/N) completely dumbfounded in the middle of the living room.

"I won't need to!" (Y/N) yells after her. "Bitch." She mumbles.

-

A couple of hours later, Seth comes back home, not even acknowledging his girlfriend standing in the living room. (Y/N) takes a look at him and she can tell he's not okay just by the way he's carrying himself.

"Hey babe." She greets him happily. But frowns when she doesn't get the same welcoming.

"Hey." He mumbles dryly.

"What happened?" She asks, going straight to the point.

"I- We need to talk." Seth replies, struggling with the words.

"Sure, talk to me, baby." She says, walking over to him and trying to grabs his hand to pull him down to sit on the couch with her, but when he pulls his hand back... she can't help but feel confused and hurt. The look on his face... it looked like she was physically hurting him.

He still sits next to her, but he's trying really hard to avoid any physical contact or even look at her. And knowing him as well as she does, she notices right away that something is really wrong with him.

"I think we should break up." He says, trying to sound nonchalantly. But she's not buying it.

"What the fuck, Seth?" She yells, confused. "Where's this coming from all of a sudden?"

"I've been thinking and I think it's for the best."

"You've been thinking? You've been fucking thinking?" She can feel herself losing her mind. "You left this morning saying how much you loved me and how I was one of the best things that ever happened to you. And now you break up with me?"

Seth can't bring himself to say anything to her, he knows he's hurting her, but in his mind it's for the best, rather sooner than later.

"Did someone say anything to you?" Seth doesn't answer her, but his face turns him in. "What did they tell you that made you want to do this shit?" She asks, taking a deep breath.

Seth evaluates whether he should tell her he eavesdropped or not... But he decided he should come clean.

"I heard your conversation with Sarah today. And she's right, I'll end up hurting you in some way... You're too good for me and I'm a complete fuck up. I'm too broken to be what you deserve... what you need." Seth confesses, looking shyly at his lap. He's taken by surprise when (Y/N) envelops his hands in her tiny ones.

"Did you stay for the part where I basically told her to fuck off?" She chuckles lightly.

"No... I guess I left earlier than I should..." He mumbles, shyly, while she wraps her arms around his waist and rest her chin on his shoulder. He still doesn't look at her, fixing his eyes on his laps.

"Yeah you did." She says, then placing a kiss on his shoulder. "Babe, look at me." She asks, but he doesn't obey. "Seth... please look at me." She begs, soothing him by running her hand up and down his back. And suddenly he looks at her. "We all made mistakes in your past. You did some, I did some... That's what's life is all about. Mistakes. And moving forward. I don't care what you did in your past, because that's the point, it's in your past. And I sure as hell don't give a flying fuck about what Sarah thinks about me being with you. I love you and I want to be with you."

It's not the first she said she loves him. But now, it couldn't be more perfect. It truly meant something in that moment. The way she said it... it was deeper and much more felt. Seth went from heartbroken to the happiest man alive in just a matter of seconds. Those words were the key to his happiness.

"You really love me?" He asks, making sure he heard her well.

"You idiot, of course I do. I'm still here, aren't I?" She smiles, proceeding to plant a sweet kiss on his jaw.

"You are... but you'll get tired of me. You're too smart, too kind, too everything for me..." He mumbles, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden.

"Do you want me to prove how much I love you? Do you want me to prove that I'm not going anywhere?" She asks smiling. With his eyes still glued to his lap, he still doesn't answer her, just takes a deep breath that she takes as a positive answer to her questions. "Okay then. Can I ask you something?" (Y/N) asks, receiving a nod from him. "Can I have the honor of having you as my husband?"

Seth's eyes turn to her wide open, shock filling them. "Wai- What- Are you asking me what I think you're asking?" He asks really fast, barely having time to breath.

"Yes, baby. I'm asking you if you want to marry me." She smiles, feeling herself blush.

"Baby, I'm sorry, but that's my job okay. When we get engaged, I want to be the one making you a surprise and buying you a ring and all that stuff." He says seriously, making her laugh and kiss his jaw again. "But yes, I'd love to be your husband." He whispers, leaning in and kissing her lips.

"Well, I think that's awesome because I dream of being your wife." She smiles widely at the love of her life. But then gets all serious. "Don't ever think I don't love you, Seth. Don't ever think you're not enough for me, because you are and you'll always be. I'm not going anywhere. I love you, okay?" She opens her heart again, while caressing his cheek and looking at him right in the eyes.

"Okay. I love you too, so much." He says, looking down at her, kissing her again.

"I'll be waiting for your proposal." She chuckles against his lips.

"You better be." He shoots, laughing. "You better be." He whispers to himself, hugging her tight.