Lost You

Seth and (Y/N) have been dating for awhile, even moved in together. But Seth has been growing apart from her... failing her. This time, (Y/N) reached her breaking point.

Another week passed by. Another full week where you barely talked to your own boyfriend. You had only talked to Seth three times. On the goddamn phone. You didn't even see his face.

Doing the math, you haven't been with Seth in over three weeks, and apparently, he was ok with that. His apathy, his thoughtless and uncaring attitude felt like stabs, that got deeper and deeper each time. And it definitely didn't help your insecurity or anxiety.

You're even thinking about breaking it off. That's how bad it is currently.

He spent less and less time with you, while he spent more and more time with people on the roster. Especially Becky. And you're not talking only on-screen. You know for a fact that they've been hanging out off-screen. Going to the gym together, going to cafes... You try to shrug it off and trust that your boyfriend is loyal to you, but deep down... God only knows what those two have been up to.

When you and Seth started dating, you'd try and make your days off match his, but now... he just didn't even make the effort. So you just stopped trying. And lately, you've occupied yourself even more with work. You worked as care assistant at a nursing home in town. You learned so much every day, you truly love your job.

Today, it's Wednesday. Your phone pings at 9:03am. It's a text from Seth. 'Gonna be home in 2 hours. See ya.'

"Yeah. Love you too, asshole." You mumble, hurt once again, as you lock your phone and set it down on the counter.

You're feeling especially anxious today. You can't quite put your finger on it, but you had a bad feeling about him coming home today. Those 2 hours seemed 2 months. Time just didn't tick by. But soon enough, he was about to arrive.

Your heart rate skyrocketed as soon as you hear his key entering the door lock, your anxiety kicking in. This is not how it's supposed to feel when your loved one gets home after time away, that much you're sure.

Hearing some shuffling on the living room, you figure he's setting his luggage down, and consequently, almost coming to find you in the kitchen, so you pretend to be busy cooking lunch, chopping some vegetables on the cutting board.

"Hey." He greets nonchalantly, as he opens the fridge. No kiss, no hug. Nothing.

"Hey." You reply back, trying to maintain your composure. You can't afford looking at him right now. You know if you did, you'd break down on the spot, so you just keep on chopping the veggies, with your back turned to him.

"How are you?" He asks, taking a bite in the apple he just picked up and washed.

"Good." That's the only thing you manage to say without showing him how broken you were.

"Good." He mumbles back, his mouth full. "I'm going to take a shower."

You didn't bother to reply back. Once you sensed he was out of the room, you dropped the act.. Dropping the knife away on the counter, you lay your arms on it and rest your head on top of them, trying to control your breathing.

'Smell a flower, blow out a candle. Smell a flower, blow out a candle.' You kept repeating to yourself.

Finally, you were able to calm yourself down a bit. At least to keep pretending you were ok, and to finish lunch.

You had lunch almost done when you heard his footsteps on the stairs, signaling that he had taken his shower and was coming downstairs. Taking a deep breath, you compose yourself to get through lunch with him.