"Have I entered an AU or did you really just crack a smile for me?"

"Have I entered an alternate universe or did you really just crack a smile for me?"

"Really, Seth? Really?" You frown at him. You smile a lot. Okay, maybe not at him. But you have your reasons. You know his type and you can't afford to fall for him and get hurt. No, no. You won't let that happen. So you always gave him the cold shoulder, but he's been really persistent... and he's been really nice and cute. '(Y/N), stop it.'

"Okay, we're back to (Y/N), the frowner." Seth sighs, looking really disappointed.

"I am not a frowner, Rollins." You pout, angrily, not knowing he's actually finding it adorable.

"Oh, you aren't? Then, what's all this?" He asks sarcastically, gesturing to your face.

"That's my face, jackass!" You yell, he's really getting into your nerves. "I know I'm not that pretty but there's no need to-"

"You're beautiful." He cuts you off, leaving you speechless, your mouth hanging open. And you can't tell by the look on his face that he's a bit surprised himself with his confession.

"I- What- Why are you saying that?" You finally manage to say, after stumbling in your words.

"Because you are beautiful." He smiles down at you, and your heart beats faster in your chest, the feelings you've been trying so hard to bury coming back to life.

"Seth... You-" You finally speak, after a few seconds of silence, but still not sure of what to say. Gladly, or unfortunately, Seth cuts you off.

"I what? I like you. And I don't know how you didn't see it before." He confesses, looking at you right in the eyes, but soon moving his gaze to his feet.

"You can't... You can't like me. And I can't like you." You mumble, walking away from him. You remembered John, and you can't afford to bear that kind of pain again.

"Why, (Y/N)?" Seth asks, running after you and grabbing your arm softly.

"Because... Just let me go, please." You beg, not facing him.

"I will. I'll give you space, but I won't give up on you." He informs, making you face him, by pulling your chin up. "I know I've made mistakes... a lot of them. But I'm not that guy anymore. I promise. I won't hurt you." He says, looking really sincere and honest. "And my gut tells me you like me too and I won't let you run away from me."