A Year

It's been a year. A year since Seth backstabbed his family. His ambition was huge, you all knew that... but you never thought it'd be bigger than the bond you shared. Well, the three of you did share it, Seth clearly didn't.

You've managed The Shield the whole time they were together, they were like brothers to you. Well, except for Seth... You sort of developed other type of feelings for him. You knew how he was with girls, but you still allowed him to get closer, to show you he was different. You started growing closer day by day, and even went on a date or two. However, he ruined it all before the two of you could be a thing.

The idiot thought you'd still want to keep the dates going despite what he had just done. Hell to the no! You were so hurt, you were a part of them too. You didn't take a chair to your back, but God, did it hurt. Roman and Dean were practically your older brothers, and he hurt them, he betrayed you all thoughtlessly, selfishly, and for what? For his ambition, for his ego.

You're sitting in one of the boxes sitting along the hallway, legs crossed, lost in your thoughts... these hurtful thoughts... as you trace the pattern in your leggings. Until someone snaps you out of your daydream, (more like 'daynightmare').

"(y/n)?" Seth says, in a cautious tone. You look at him with a non-impressed look on your face. "Can we talk?" He pleads, but if your reaction is any indicator, it's not a good one. "C'mon, (y/n), please. Just 5 minutes. I know you're still mad, but... please, hear me out." He implores, looking worn-out and frustrated.

You cross your arms over your chest as you hop off the box, frowning. "5 minutes. That's all you have."

He walks you to his locker room, and once you get inside, he closes the door behind you.

"So, 5 minutes. It's counting." You inform dryly, pointing to an invisible watch on your wrist.

"I'm so, so sorry, (y/n)." He exhales in sorrow, as if a weight was just lift off his shoulders. "I know I hurt you... them. But I am so sorry."

"Wow, and you remembered this... a year later?" You let out a way over sarcastic chuckle. "Remember when you thought you were in love with me?"

"I didn't think I was in love you. I was indeed in love with you. Still am." He admits, taking a step closer to you, but you take one backwards, maintaining distance. He couldn't hide the hurt showing in his features and you did it.

"You have a funny way of showing it, let me tell you." You shoot him a fake smile this time, and you can tell your reaction is actually upsetting and hurting him, but you can't help yourself, he hurt you a lot.

"I know I disappointed you. But I never meant to leave you behind." He explains, struggling to keep his voice calm and collected.

"Oh, so you only meant to leave your brothers behind?" You snap, venom filling your words, as you watch him looking down in shame. "That's awesome."

"I had to. It was my career on the line. It's not like I had a choice." He mumbles, still avoiding your gaze.

"Did you ever hear the saying 'if you want to go fast, go alone, if you want to go far, go together'?" You ask not really waiting for a reply. "You did have a choice, Seth. You just chose your ego and the easier way." You say, now showing your real, broken self. "Your 5 minutes are up."

You turn to leave, but he grabs your wrist gently. "Please, don't go." You begs, his voice low, not above a whisper, his eyes glistening with hope and sadness. You hate yourself for not resisting to his puppy dog eyes. "I wanted to be there for you. I swear I did."