Lost You - Part 2

PART 2

It's been two weeks since you left. You've been living with your friend, Alyssa. She has been the absolute best. Even when you weren't the best of companies, not even close. You still were moody... you still cried yourself to sleep, sometimes out of sadness, sometimes out of anger, other times out of both.

You hated yourself for giving him that much importance, for allowing him to break you. You were never that type of girl. But with him... he worked his way through all your walls, carefully. So you just opened up your heart and let your guard down completely. You let him in 100%.

Never again.

Seth called you four or five times every day during the first week. You never picked up. He left voicemails. You never even heard them. He texted you. Those... you read, but never replied. Eventually, he stopped trying.

'Please, pick up the phone. I'm worried about you.'

'Just hear me out. Please. That's all I ask. Hear me.'

'I can't live in a world where you hate me. I just can't.'

'Just got home... You really came pick up your stuff when I wasn't here. Even left your key. This isn't home anymore. Not when you're not here with me.'

'I wanted to tell you this in person, but I can see now that I won't ever have the chance. I'm sorry that I failed you. I wish I hadn't ruined what he had, like I always do with anything that actually is important to me. I love you more than words can say. I just wanted you to know that. Goodbye, (Y/N).'

That was the last time he tried to contact you. That text broke you even more. This was the Seth you fell in love with, not the shell of Seth that had been living with you for the past couple of months.

Alyssa's voice snaps you out of your thoughts. "Are you even listening to me, girl?" The look on your face tells her that you weren't. "(Y/N), you have to make a decision. You either listen to what he has to say, or you let him go. But you have to decide. Living like this is no option, and definitely not good or healthy for you."

"I know." You mumble, looking down at your hands. Alyssa keeps caressing your hair in understanding. "I just... I am so confused. So hurt. I honestly don't know what to do."

"Just... don't overthink it. Things will be clear rather sooner than later."

You nod in agreement, but the tightening, the weight in your chest, that uneasy feeling is still there. It never left since that day.

Alyssa went to work, but you had a day off today, so you just decided on staying home and get some rest. Maybe watch some cheesy movie or something. And you were exactly doing that when your phone started ringing.

Unknown Number

Odd. Who could it be?

Your mind wandered to Seth. But it couldn't be him. He'd call you from his number. You take a deep breath before picking up.

"(Y/N)?" The voice on the other end of the line said.

You feel your heart in throat, a lump forming, you're not quite sure why. "Who is this?"

"It's Becky." She says, as if testing waters, but you can't bring yourself to say anything. "I know you probably don't want to talk to me too, but Seth is my best friend so... I'm worried sick about him." First, you're angry that she's calling you, but now hearing her, your chest is tightening, anxiety setting in. "Have you heard from him lately? By lately, I mean today or yesterday?"