♚ | SHOW'S OFF SHOW OFF | ♚

"We are all born sexual creatures, thank god, but it's a pity so many people despise and crush this natural gift. "

- Marilyn Monroe

♚♚♚

"A debut? Darling! you must tell me where!"

I had politely informed my mom about my starring at the cabaret. Her excitment disillusioned me. She assumed I had been enrolled at the Magnotta Academy of Performing Arts.

"Oh, Doll I know youll do fine this semester!"

"No, no, no...it's not a study, its an art!"

"Art school? Well, that's promising!"

I quietly explained it all to her.

She sighed.

"Well, this is surprising...and notorious. Very notorious."

I smiled a terrible, terrible smile, wickedly. As a child, I was devious and attracted to the wild. Storytelling should be one of good but I always extoled at the detestable and naughty. A twisted tale always had me reading more.

♚♚♚

"Hello?"

"Hey, It's Ash! The guy from Bo's.

"At your service!" He retold

his famous line and laughed uncomfortably.

"Ash! How are you? I've been waiting for your call."

I could hear the smile in his voice.

"So, you're okay?"

"Wonderful!"

"Let's go out for some lunch, you and me."

"That sounds lovely!"

"See ya in a few, Dolly!"

I had planned to lounge, bathe and spoil myself with champagne. I ran a bath for myself, dropping the needle on a Bardot record. Sipping my champagne in the bath, I enjoyed the song. Humming along, I soon began to sing along. Mirroring Brigitte's sumptuous tone.

The calmness was alarming.

So much, that I had forgot that I was seeing Ash soon. I splashed my legs out of the water and hopped to grab a towel. My feet tapped across the marble floor. I slipped on a minidress in a flash only to be called by the bell of the door. Barefoot, I scurried to the door.

"Baby!" Ash exclaimed, arms out.

"Hi, Ash!"

Unthinkably, I walked into his arms kissed his cheek and took his embrace.

"The outside was nice, but the inside is top!"

"Do you want a drink?"

"Nah, that's all right, love."

"I'm impressed. I mean when we were at the bar, you were shameless. You're a woman who can hold her drink, You and I, will get along just fine."

"Well, I try to be a lady, but my nature betrays me."

Ash moved inside to the sofa. He threw himself down and in his miscalculation fell to the floor. He was howling with laughter and I was smiling pitifully running to his side.

When he was still odd and now well, I collected my heels and things and we left.We had decided to walk and have a pleasant promenade to the restaurant.

Ash held my hand,"I was sure that fall had cracked my skull,"

A deep worry settled inside me, "Are you okay, Ash? Does your head hurt?"