♚ | BAD BOYS & BOLD GIRLS | ♚

"I have found men who didn't know how to kiss. I've always found time to teach them."

- Mae West

♚♚♚

I cringed at the glaring beams that seeped through my curtains and into my bedroom. I had been awoken far too early for my liking. Crawling out of bed, I stumbled to the bathroom, hoping to wash away my slumber. Breakfast was delightful at my residence. After a generous cup of café au lait, I attended to my morning chores. Dressed à la Brigitte Bardot, I proceeded to fuflill my day.

♚♚♚

I made my way out of the taxicab and towards the Gentlemen's Club. All morning, all afternoon, I had been idle and now the evening has come. And productivity followed. Barrie stood his usual poisition. It was a little before showtime and I was to perform a rendition of last night's dream-like Martini number.

Tony said it was the first encore of the season.

"Hello, Barrie!" I greeted.

"Ah, Miss Baby Doll!"

Before I could react, a shrill had sounded, followed by whistles and the flutter of cameras. It was unimaginable. Dream-like even. And before it could go on, Barrie had taken my hand and pulled the front door open, allowing me in, and away from the clamor. Offering an apologetic look, Barrie shut the door and returned to his position. I was sad to not be able to give them a smile and a hello, but I suppose Barrie knew best. Finally, turning away from the door, I was among Caroline, the smiling front desk hostess, reciprocating her smile, I went onwards off to get all dolled up for my performance.

"Doll!"

In the corridor, I spun and found the ever sharp and gentle-faced Tony Magnotta.

"Oh, Mr. Magnotta!"
I stepped closer to kiss him on his cheeks.

"How's my most prized dancer?" Tony enchanted, placing a kiss on my hand.

"Very fine, and you sir?"

"Apart from the usual humdrum, I'm very fine."

"That's good to hear, Tony."

"Well, off you go, I wouldn't want to keep you from your work."

"But I will say, that you've managed to impress me faster than dancers who've worked here years,"

"Oh, dont say things like that,"

"Candid, true things? Well I won't bother you any longer, up and at'em, Doll!"

"Laters, Tony!"

I sighed as I fell into my chair. I had a lot of primping ahead of me and my sluggishness was getting the best of me. Tonight held a majestic quality, it was booming like last night, but my excitment was only thicker.

Dressed to the nines, I gave my self the once-over in the mirror, to find another presence.

"Well, well if it isn't the notorious Baby Doll."

Through the reflection of the mirror, stood Emily, dressed in a filling white dress. I stood up beside my boudoir chair,"Hello, Emily,"

"They're like animals out there, howling,"

"It's a strange loveliness, wouldn't you say?" I beamed.

"You could, but I wouldnt," She shrugged.

"Well, best of luck to you, I suppose,"

"Best of luck to you, Emily."

The unorthodox pleasantires were meant to leave me amiss, but I was adorned in a beautiful rhinestone body dress that seemed to be too enchanting for me to fret. A sense of breathlessness ran through me.