♚ | STRIP STRIP HOORAY! | ♚

"Her high cheekbones and exotic stare pummeled audiences into aroused submission without her ever having to say a word."

♚♚

After an eventful afternoon with Ash, I retired home. To indulge in a dog day evening. I had plans for only beauty and rest. Only to be swept by Ash into a more sweet disposition.

"Hello, Ash!" I flittered.

"I'm stunned that you still haven't began to spurn me,"

"Why would I ever do such a thing?"

"Maybe 'cause I'm a bother,"

"Why, I could've sworn we were becoming friends..." I teased.

Ash laughed.

"Don't talk crazy like that, Baby! We're the greatest of friends."

"That's awfully nice to hear."

"Now, tell me, what are you up to?"

"No good," I teased

"I'll believe it when I see it,"

"You must know, I'm not a girl who behaves."

"The name doesn't fool me,"

I laughed. He recycled the phrase I used on him at Bo's. This conversation felt natural. More so I found him exceptionally lovely. On the other line of the phone, I heard distant chatter that was beyond me. There was a voice that indefinitely belonged to Nathan.

"Oi, Ash, who you talkin' to? Mate, the girls are here!"

"I'm with Baby Doll and I didn't order them!" Ash laughed.

"Give her a kiss for me and suit yourself, mate!"

"Sorry, Baby, so what time does your show go on?"

"Around 11."

A spill of feminine giggles poured from the line before Ash could squeeze in a word.

"Nathan! Mate, please!" Ash sounded annoyed.

"Well, I need to rest for tommorow."

"You're my ticket inside, don't forget that. Goodnight Baby!"

I said goodnight to him trying to convince myself that he was only a friend, not a lover. And of all people what would I need romance for? All the sentimental feelings only lingered. So, I poured myself a drink and pulled myself together.

♚♚♚

After a fresh-faced afternoon of rehearsal, I had made my performance for tonight nearly flawless. For tonight, I decided to execute a routine I've only dreamt of a thousand times.

The Martini Glass.

With the outcome being perfect or failed, I was ready to take my chances. And with Tony's encouragment and praise, this only convinced me more.

In a sheer rhinestone encrusted body suit, I was pleased with my costume. Flicking my eyes into cat-like shape and I pouted in some cherry red lips; I was in business.

And I recieved a knock on the door.

"Come in," I sang.

"Hello, Doll!"

Tony walked in with his victorian cane and in a eccentric marin blue suit.

"Hey, Tony!"

"I'm looking forward to your performance."

"Me too." I grinned.

"How does the crowd look?" I asked.

"My god, is it ever full!"

"Really?"

"Packed."

"All these people are dying to see you, Doll. They love you out there, just can't get enough of you!"

"Oh," I laughed confused, "but they have yet to see me Tony..."

"Ah! That's right, we put up made some posters. We just took pictures from your pagentry days."

"Oh, that's an excellent idea!"

♚♚♚

Standing up, Tony and I left the dressing room. He lead me behind the grand stage, where jazz music softly played through the cabaret.

"Oh, Tony! It slipped my mind, I invited Ash tonight,"

"Not to worry, he was here, came straight to me and I let him in, no problem."

"Lovely, thank you Tony."

I felt relieved but guilty for forgetting. Tony surprised me, by leading me to the curtains, and peering through the side. We surreptiously watched the crowd of the cabaret. My eyes travelled to the centre of the audience.

Sat next to a cheery Nathan, Ash looked like he was searching, like he was in anticipation. He drank what appeared to be a rum and coke. And Nathan nudged him constantly pointing to the dancers, and sights, and scenes of the cabaret. Anthony's voice was the only thing that could pull me away from my admiration from afar.

"Oh Doll, there he is, there's your man, just out there," Tony gestured.

"Tony, he's not my man."

My voice became cheerless almost sorry.

"Well, do you know the look on his face tells me he wishes he were,"

I froze.

Not because Anthony's words stunned me but they stung me, purely given how undeniably true they were. Tony laid a hand on my shoulder, turning to kiss me on my cheek.

"Give it your all, Baby Doll!"

The curtain closed, and in my heels, I stumbled backwards

Tony was right. What I felt was going to distract me. I shook out of myself and turned into her.

The curtains lifted.

On stage, I couldn't help but reminisce at Ash's dancing the other day. As the spotlight hit me, the crowd roared. A routine Inspired By Dita Von Teese, I swayed next to the larger than life martini glass and then climbed up the steps, easily dipping myself inside.

The howls quieted.

As I suspended myself over the glass, I was perched on the rim. I felt floatless in the sparkling liquid, next to the foam olives. Smooth jazz echoed through, and on cue, I sang my sweet ballad. In the glass, my legs hung up off the edge with my head tilted back. The clear liquid covered my bottom half. A pimiento olive floated and I began to spin and twirl in the martini glass. The crowd's excited eyes encouraged my efforts. After hitting the last soft notes of the ballad, I pushed myself up and out of the glass. I leaned over the rim and ended with a kiss to the crowd. Amidst the loud applause and cheers that erupted, a indistinct call of my name had my attention. It belonged to Ash, who stood up on his feet and clapped crazily. Eyes on him, I gleamed at him like candy. I dropped my right eye in a wink to him before the curtains had dropped, only to fill the void with my cynical laughter.