♚ | THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS | ♚

"I'll try anything once, twice if a like it, three times to make sure."

- Mae West

♚♚♚

"Showgirls? Fuck, that's hot!"

"And glamorous." I wagged my eyebrows.

Ash wanted to know more about the cabaret life. He was very interested in knowing about my routinal nights.

We had left the parlour, but before that, Jamie tried to convince me again to go for a drink with him. And I was so amused by his persistence, but Ash hastily pulled us along before I could respond.

I was taking Ash to Anthony's Gentlemen's Club to give him the grand tour.

"Fuck me sideways, this is where you work?"

Ash and I stood outside the club. The marquis' lights were unlit.

I squeezed his arm. "With the lights and splendor it looks even more marvelous, Ash."

"I'll take your word for it," He looked at me and winked. "So, Miss Cabaret, when's your next show?"

"Today's my day off but I work tommorow. Oh, but you have to come! Well, only if you want to." I foolishly babbled.

"I'll take the invitation. For what it's worth it's not every day that a beautiful girl gives you a free pass to see her dance."

I laughed.

"Well, you could say that your charm has won me."

"I like knowing that."

"Or maybe you're agreeing to live your dancing girls dream?"

"Sad thing is it's only been a fantasy until now."

Brushing past the vacant entrance, in our tour, I had recklessly bumped into somebody.

"Oh, Barrie!"

"Top of the morning to you, Miss Baby Doll." He politely nodded.

"Oi!"

His face scrunched up in surprise.

"Ash, the bad man!"

"Stymest what you dooing here, ya little bugger!" Barrie grinned, gripping Ash's shoulder.

"What's up man! Baby, here is just giving me the grand tour."

"Baby Doll, is this fella trying to pick you up?"

Ash and I boomed out in laughter.

"No, we met last night, at the bar you led me to, Bo's, it was such a lovely place,"

"Remind me to thank you later, man" Ash winked.

Barie shook his head, smiling.

"Ash, how do you know Barrie?"

"Barrie, plays poker on Sunday nights with my old man."

"Really?"

"You got that right," Barrie accoladed, slapping Ash's back, "and Ash here is almost as good as his father."

"You should come play sometime, Baby Doll."

"Oh, I love to play!"

"I gotta run, kids!" Barrie smiled, patting our shoulders.

Ash and I continued down the hall to my dressing room.

"I've never seen that big bear act that way, he's always wrestling about."