♚ | ARABESQUE | ♚

"A burnt child loves the fire."

- Oscar Wilde

♚♚♚

The busy streets were dressed with fervent faces. Nathan had accompanied me on the ride to Tony's Club. And Ash had called me. He sounding like he was back to his cool self and said he was coming tonight. I was warmed by his voice but his malaise was still there.

Our intimate chariot was met by a wonderfully grand uproar.

They cried my name, "Over here, honey! You look divine!"

Nathan stayed close, I interlaced my arm around his and, smiled and waved to the paparazzos. For the few that wanted autographs I gave this to them.

"Baby Doll, you're a dream!" A man cried.

I laughed, sharing a look with Nathan. The complimenting man was slowly sinking into the crowd. I let go of Nathan momentarily and approached the man, kissing him on the cheek.

"Bye, honey," I smiled, waving as I scurried past.

All he managed was a faltered sigh.

"It looks like you've hit him hard." Nathan remarked.

"Maybe I have that effect on men." I smiled, wisping my hair away.

"Hold on to your hats gentlemen, and hold on to your men, ladies! Here is the Notorious Baby Doll!"

After Tony's call, my dance began. The art of la danse du ventre was all in the hips. I was somewhere else tonight. Oftentimes, I was present but my mind was elsewhere. In the crowd, I looked for Ash. And among all the bright faces and dazzling eyes, I was drawn to his.

"There she is my darling girl!" My mother made is backstage. She looked very pleased. Which was settling. Alongside her was Mr. Magnotta.

"Carla, did you enjoy it?"

"Enjoy? It was breathtaking, Doll, I was just telling Mr. Magnotta that he must have a marvelous system to produce such shows."

"It was all Baby Doll. Systems are flawed. You have a natural gift, Doll!"

I embraced them both and my

mother said she would meet me for dinner later as she parted with Mr. Magnotta. They seemed like a devious pair those two, I must keep my eyes peeled!

"Baby!"

I turned to find, in the centre of my dressing room, Ash stood carrying a bouquet of red roses.

"Hi, honey!" I hurried to embrace him.

He smelled of everything I liked. But I adored the scent of a man. Ash gave me an urgent kiss. Tongue and all. A sweet sinful pleasure. And like that, I burned. It was intoxicating. We fumbled and stumbled, until Ash was gripping my waist, his fingers grazing over the embroidery of my arabesque belt. Our lips parted, but his arms still held me. Ash's lips moved against the corner of my mouth to my neck.

Nathan was nowhere to be seen, which seemed fine by Ash and me.

"You taste so sweet," He breathed against my skin.

I laughed, and cooly laced my arms around his neck.

"Oh no, honey, you're the sweet one." I cooed.

"You put me a spell on me." He confessed suddenly.

"I don't know if I'm right for this."

"The sex or me?"

I smiled wickedly.

"What am I kiddin'! You're definitely right for sex!" He laughed.

"So, then it must be me" He answered, his amusement gone.

"You're too cool for me, all I do is burn for you."

Ash's face twisted into one of confusion. He cut the chatter to hold me close. Our voicelessness was enough to evoke the emotions we held. Emotioms we would soon prevail. We were breathless for each other.

And I knew that, in his arms, I was his BabyDoll.

In our greatest moments of affection, the flame had danced between us. It wavered, bright and bold. It was the the burn that first ignited at the bar. There was a heat in it, one you could feel. I felt it tonight, did he?

It warmed me.