♚ | MAN KILLER | ♚

"Does my sexiness upset you?

Does it come as a surprise

That I dance like I've got diamonds

At the meeting of my thighs?"

- Maya Angelou

♚♚♚

I had traded my rhinestone number for a golden brown cocktail dress. A hard knock startled me.

"Oh, come in!" I managed.

Ash bulldozzed his way in with Nathan. Instantly on my feet, I was all grins as I went to greet him, placing a kiss on both his cheeks.

"Baby Doll, that was completely mental!"

Grasping me in a hard embrace, he lifted me off the ground like a doll.

I laughed cheerfully,"Well, I'm glad you liked it."

"You were on fire!"

His fingertips brushed against my sides and the burn returned, and I felt like I was on fire. Now on my feet, we smiled at each other.

I hurried to kiss Nathan, "What did you think?"

"You do not disappoint, do you?" He grinned. "And I quite like this place. Filled with beautiful people. Mostly girls. What a riot!"

"Fan-fuckin'-tastic." Ash shook his head in disbelief.

"And the martini glass," Nathan kissed his fingers,"Perfect touch."

"But, hey Doll was it all real? Did you start feelin' a little tipsy?"

"No, that's crazy, Nathan!"

"You hungry?" Ash asked.

I bit my lip," A little."

"I know where this is going..." Nathan concured awkwardly. "Hey, listen great show, Doll and I'll see you around,"

"Bye Nathan!"

"Was I rude? Maybe we should invite him to come - has he eaten?"

"Who cares? I wanna take you out, not him."

"Oh, come on, then!" I huffed.

Unlike our first date, tonight was my treat. We went for a spot of dinner at Glavin Bistrot de Luxe, Ash was convincing and demanded we be seated and treated extraordinarily given my starlet profession. It was the tale of two worlds. The diner and the restaurant. To tell you the truth, I loved the diner. And the gentle host forgave Ash's flame given his good intentions. Seated in a intimate table, we were among a lamp, next to the bar and close to apparent aristocrats. Revealing, his simple white t-shirt, Ash reached inside his jacket, for a cigarette and retrieved his colvair pocket lighter. Turning his head to the side, I noticed a vague purple mark just below his ear. And this mark, was not alone. There were scratches on his neck and more marks behind his ear.

He looked cool. And when he faced me again, his eyes were bright and he smiled.

We were extremes of hot and cold.

His coolness like my heat.

In his nonchalance, I was feeling nuclear.

Ash kept conversation and lifted it when it fell. He asked me about myself and only mentioned himself. And the best of all, was he was dangerously funny. I say dangerous, because I'm a fool for a funny man. Oh, he was great company.

Gesturing to the waiter, he asked for the bill and I insisted on paying but Ash's resistance won. Ash had paid, but all the riches and notoriety didn't come close to his kindness.