Soulmates -Mithross-

All in Ross's pov

They say that once you turn 16 you'll get a tattoo like picture on your wrist of the first words your soulmate will say to you the next time you them or first time you see them. This morning I woke with the words Sorry I'm late written on my wrist in a neat cursive writing, I smile at the words. I was the last of my friends to find their soulmate, Adam found his last year a week after his birthday, Barney a month after, I being the youngest and a year younger than them all am just now getting the writing.

"Ross! Let me see your wrist!" Adam runs over to me as I'm walking towards the school, he grabs my wrist and starts freaking out over the writings on my arm.

"Oh my god at least yours isn't a date." He says laughing holding out his wrist that I've seen before January 27th. As His first words to Alesa was the date.

"But now you can remember your anniversary with Alesa like that's lucky." I laugh started to walk towards the school once more to head to class.

I walk into the first class, Health, I sit down in the corner of the room because I guess I'm cliche and not a very sociable person despite being friends with two football players and their girlfriend and boyfriend. Adam sits in the front as he is half blind but refuses to wear his glasses, Barney sits next to me mainly just because he can get away with talking to his boyfriend Red, then there's everyone else that sits with whoever their soulmate is or who they hope it to be. As for me I try and stay away from who I hope it to be, Max also known as a punk and football captain around the school.

"Okay class since we're having a lot of students now having their 16th birthday and getting their 'tattoos' lately, including Ross who got his this morning congrats by the way Ross I hope you find your soulmate soon, but anyways I want you guys to write a short essay and present it at the end of class today." She says smiling over at me before sitting down at her desk and working on her computer.

I smile looking down at my wrist, I knew what I wanted to write. I pulled out a piece of paper and started writing, taking breaks every once and a while to see Adam messing around with his pencil or Barney looking over at Red who was writing and knowing his boyfriend was staring at him causing him to smile and blush. Everyone else in the class was either zoned out or working, including the teacher being one to zone out. Towards the end of the class the teacher stands up to tell us to present our papers, I being the first as I got my 'tattoo' today and she thought it was a good idea. I stand up in front of the class nervous as all hell, I stare over to my friends who are silently cheering me on then Max who's looking down at his wrist, his birthday was last year but he has yet to find his soulmate but some people say its because his soulmate is probably younger than him and he doesn't know yet.

"When you think of soulmates you probably think of two people who are the same age, opposite gender and very close as a whole but that's not always the case. When I think of soulmates I can think of several couples that I know that look like complete opposites, for example my friends Red and Barney, ones a football player the other a drama and choir nerd, or even Adam and Alesa one a rough and tough football player that gets injuries like there's no tomorrow and the other a caring, smart and motherly type person. When I got my tattoo this morning the first thing I thought wasn't if he/she were 'hot' or if I already knew them it was are we going to be complete opposites? Now what do you think about when you think of soulmates?" I shyly smile at the class before walking back to my desk as a few people start to clap.

"That was very nice Ross, who else would like to read theirs?" The teacher smiles before pointing to Max who's hand was up to read his out loud. He stands up and adjusts his red and yellow letterman jacket before walking to the front of the class where I was standing.