15. Child's Play

You don't wanna fall in love I know
I'm not someone you should trust I know
I give Chanel out like a hug I know
I do a couple of your friends way before
How many girls have slept in this bed
Say a different number than the one that's in my head...
Drake - Child's Play
-----

Justin's POV

As a young man, in life, there were certain rules but as a young man in the entertainment industry these rules were even more complicated, such as:
1. Always keep a separate phone and hotel room for the groupies.
2. Make sure that when you leave the club you and your chosen groupie(s) arrive at the hotel separately.
3. Never let the fans know that you have any interaction with the groupies whatsoever.
4. Appear available but never BE available.
5. Don't mix business and pleasure (Too late in my case, let's call that a lesson learned.)
6. There's no such thing as 'creeping' in this age of twitter/Instagram/bloggers since your girl will catch you out if the paparazzi don't first.

These were rules that I followed as I closely as I could when it came to girls but to be honest after spending a certain time in the game certain shit just gets really old. You go to the same clubs, see the same girls, use the same lines and get the same results; a one night stand and some hurt feelings on the girls' part when you start blocking her number after she starts stalking your ass.

I had had to block another bunch of numbers right before hitting the club last night after I found out that a girl I had seen a couple times in Miami was behind the calls I was getting at all times of the night. Somehow this girl had even managed to get a hold of Alfredo's number and was calling him up too. I was tired of this bullshit.

I was sat on the edge of my bed in my hotel suite in New York going through my phone and looking at all the text messages, pictures and messages that told the wild story of the past few weeks of my life. Numerous dirty pictures of girls, graphically sexual text messages, x-rated videos... If you looked at my credit card bill it would also tie in with the story, showing tickets I had bought to fly a lucky girl to whatever city I was in if I couldn't be bothered to go and search the clubs for somebody new.

I wasn't at a place in my life where I was particularly looking to settle down, but the life I was currently leading was starting to irritate the shit out of me.

I had a million girls in my phonebook and not one of them was the kind of girl that I could even consider being anything more than what they already were. That's the thing with groupies, you can't trust them. As they say 'You can't turn a hoe into a housewife'.

I stopped and stared at my phone screen for a second as I came to the name of the girl I walked away from just a few weeks ago, Brie, the pretty brown eyed girl with long reddish hair that smelt like strawberries.

That feelings that I felt when I walked away from her consuming me again, guilt, regret and just a hint of sadness. After I left that night, I promised to never think of her again, but it seems like I just can't seem to shake her no matter how hard I tried. I quickly shook off that feeling as I got up to go take a shower to go get ready to go clubbing again with the crew.

Music pounded into every crevice of the club, expensive bottles of alcohol popped and girls danced seductively in front of the DJ Booth trying to gain my attention as I stood on stage with my crew, Za, Alfredo, Khalil and Ryan.

New York was always wild whenever I came by, I could always count on the city to show me a good time and there was always a nice selection of females. From what I liked to call the regulars; those who would appear in the lobby of my hotel every time I was in town, to the newer girls that I hadn't met before or that hadn't been brave enough to step forward in the past.