22. Beautiful Soul

I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul....
- Jesse McCartney

-----
Justin's POV

"Finally!" Kendall shouted over the music as I entered the venue with Brie; our fingers laced together, my hold a little tighter than hers.

"We here, we here." I smiled, pulling Kendall, one of my closest friends, into a hug with my free hand. "This is my girlfriend, Aubrey." I told her once we'd released each other from the hug.

I watched as the two girls greeted each other hoping they'd like one another. Kendall gave me a quick thumbs up once Brie looked away and I couldn't help smiling.

We entered the main room and quickly circulated so that I could introduce Brie to my friends as quickly as I could while avoiding the girls from the past as much as was humanly possible. We said hello to Za and happy birthday to his girlfriend before they disappeared off somewhere for a while. I kept a tight grip on Brie's waist as we moved between guys I knew and their model dates for the night.

Brie nudged me, "Girl in the pink dress; someone you used to know?"

I looked up at the female she was talking about and squinted. She looked familiar but I didn't think she was somebody I'd slept with. "No, I don't think so."

She looked me dead in the face as if she was contemplating whether to believe my answer or not, it was a little unnerving because we were almost the same height due to the crazy high shoes that she was wearing. "Good," She said, "because she's someone that I know."

I looked back at the girl as did Brie; she was now waving at us and making her way over to where we stood. Where did I know her face from?

The girl embraced Brie eagerly once she'd reached us and it was Brie's turn to the do the introducing.

"Angel this is Justin," She looked between her friend and I, I tightened my grip on Brie as I finally placed Angel's face. "Justin, Angel."

"Hey." I greeted her quickly.

I slipped my free hand into the pocket of my jeans so that I wouldn't have to make physical contact with this girl. Angel was looking at me and smiling, Brie, on the other hand, wasn't looking too pleased with how cold I'd gone all of a sudden.

The two friends held a conversation for a moment or two while I glanced around the room and looked over the thirty-odd people who occupied the space. It was the usual shit that you'd get at a party; scantily clad females, guys trying to them and just a whole lot of noise.

"I'm gonna get us something to drink." I told Brie in her ear before heading over to the bar.

I rested my elbows on the edge of the bar as I waited for the Bartender to free up. The situation between Brie and I from the journey here began to play in my mind; at times I honestly felt like I wasn't good to her and this was one of those times when I just wasn't doing right. When it came to Brie I felt like I had lost the ability to be a good boyfriend, I really wanted to make her happy but I didn't know how. All the usual shit didn't mean a thing to her; money, cars, clothes, trips, none of that. I was at a loss.

A finger poked me in the side and I turned to see Kendall positioning herself at the bar beside me. "You were in a whole other world, you good?" She asked.

"Yeah, just thinking." I nodded and Kendall nodded along with me.

"Your girlfriend is really pretty." She said changing the subject. "Couldn't see her face too well in those twitpics but she's gorgeous."