37. Words

It's so loud inside my head
With words that I should have said
And as I drown in my regrets
I can't take back the words I never said
I never said....
- Skylar Grey

Brie's POV

Justin was waiting for me outside when I finished work.

Every day since we'd gotten back together, he'd drop me off in the morning and be there to pick me up when the day was done since he was on a break before touring started up. It brought a smile to my face to see him waiting; I'd get that nervous giddy feeling as I left the building in anticipation of seeing his face.

The past few months, we'd spent so much time away from each other that I cherished the moments we spent together and dreaded the time we had to be apart. My mood when we were with and without each other was incomparable. I was happier with him. Undoubtedly. Always.

Justin rolled down the window as I approached and flashed me a smile that I returned. He unlocked the car doors and I hopped in.

I gave him a long kiss once I'd situated myself in the passenger seat of his white Ferrari 458 Italia, stroking the side of his face with my fingers once our lips had parted. Gone was the stubble and overgrown hair, he was all clean-shaven and hair perfectly styled.

"How was work?" He asked, rubbing my knee through the material of my pants. His touch made my heart flutter.

"Good." I responded.

In reality, in the days since Justin and I had made up, I'd been finding it difficult to concentrate at work. All I could think about was how in the world I would find the words to tell Mariel that I needed to cut down on my hours. I didn't even know if she'd actually allow me to do that and I really didn't want to lose my job all together.

I thought about it constantly; in meetings, during fittings with clients, on my lunch break. Sure, I was nowhere near as stressed as before, I'd given up drinking and I hardly smoked anymore - only had one or two during my lunch break since Justin didn't know about it - but I was genuinely worried about the job thing. Working with Mariel was such an amazing start for me, throwing it all away was a tough pill to swallow. Maybe I was just being selfish; I did the crime, so I should do the time. After all, as much as I dreaded the conversation with my boss, I knew that it was a necessary action for me to take to prove to Justin that I wanted things to work out. I'd agreed to it, so I had to follow through on it and keep my word.

I simply smiled and said nothing to Justin about it. He hadn't mentioned anything else about me working less since that morning over breakfast, but I remained nervous that he'd bring it up. Honestly, part of me was hoping that he'd change his mind.

"Let's go!" He said as we pulled off.

Justin drove us through the streets of Los Angeles in the direction of Westlake Recording Studio just as the sun was beginning to set. Though it was the evening, it was still hot as hell.

The studio was packed with more people than necessary. Skrillex- who waved as we arrived – he was the producer and engineer for the song that Justin had told me he was working on, as well as Diplo, who had a few of his friends lounged on the leather couches and three scantily clad females entertained them. This was far from what I was expecting.

Justin held my waist as we entered the expensively furnished room. One of the girls looked up towards us and greeted Justin with familiarity before eyeing me. She pursed her red lipstick smeared lips as she looked me up and down judgmentally, her eyes lingering on Justin's hands that gripped my midsection. I shot her a cold look once her gaze met my face and she instantly turned her eyes away.